Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area {US-CA}

Checked into the Woodland Hampton Inn last night for a one night stay. This HI is located approximately 8 miles north of the University of California Davis campus (go on Highway 113) and 7 miles north of the Sacramento Airport (go on Interstate Highway 5). Its a 3 story hotel with approximately 70 rooms. I would guess this hotel may have been open for about one year. The hotel is near the Interstate 5 Road 102 Road 102 off-ramp.

Check-in was very quick and the front desk clerk was very polite and pleasant. I asked for a quiet room away from the freeway and was given a third floor room on the even numbered side of the building. It was a standard room with a king bed, a lounge chair, desk, refrigerator, and microwave. The room had a flat screen TV, which looked like a 32 or 36 inch screen. The room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure in the bathroom was good and the towels looked like the were new. The room was equipped with the typical AC/heater under the window. However since the temperature was pretty moderate yesterday I turned the heater/AC control off. During the evening I could barely hear any freeway noise from the room, so the insulation/soundproofing seemed to be adequate.

If you would like to dine out, head west on Main Street for approximately 2 miles which would take you into the old historical downtown Woodland where you can find several restaurants.

Morning breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn fare of sausage patties, biscuits, formed egg whites, pastries, yogurt, cereal, Bigelow tea, Starbucks coffee, etc.

Check out went quickly and smoothly.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. I would return to this hotel again. If you are traveling to UC Davis, this is the nearest Hilton Family hotel (approximately a 15 minute drive to the camus). Other nearby Hilton Family hotels would be in Sacramento which would be over 14 miles east of Davis.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area {US-CA}

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area
2060 Freeway Drive, Woodland, California, USA 95776
Tel: +1-530-662-9100 Fax: +1-530-662-9101

AAA Rating: <> <> <> . . . . Hilton HHonors Reward Category : 4 (30,000 points per night)

Location: Just off Interstate 5 freeway / motorway, immediately east of Woodland, California (approximately 10 miles / 16 km from Sacramento, 8 miles / 12 km from SMF / Sacramento International Airport - taxi said to approximate USD $25.) Across street from Holiday Inn Express. Local restaurants a couple of miles down Main Street in downtown corridor. Higher end dining in Davis, 8 miles south on State Highway 113.

What's in Woodland: For me, business (food processing companies.) A small longstanding agricultural community with Historic downtown Woodland and Woodland Opera House, Yolo County Historical Museum (furnishings and artifacts 1850 - 1930s,) Heidrick Ag History Center & Hays Antique Truck Museum, Sacramento River Train. Food: LUDY'S Main Street BBQ & Catering.

What's in this property: A three story hotel with 71 rooms, smoking and non-smoking, including a few studio and standard nonsmoking suites in a HI&I classic, fairly new and clean. Outdoor seasonally heated pool and spa, small cardio room, Suite Shop with microwavable meals, beverages, etc. and business center with computer, copier, printing. Morning "House" breakfast buffet served 0600 - 1000. New: SMF Airport Shuttle! Airport shuttle service is now available - call (530) 662-9100.

South-facing (hot in summers) even-numbered rooms face I-5, so choose odd-numbered rooms for north and quieter rooms, on the third floor (high numbers best, numeration runs to -30) floorboards are "boomy" and one can hear bathroom and footfall noises above. Avoid first floor rooms as too close to guest laundry, lobby / breakfast and Suite Shop, etc. x11 - x19 are close to elevators and vending (vending is inside a glass-door area, good for sound suppression,) and for the summers, x21 - x29 are over the pool and spa area.

What's in the room: The Hampton "Cloud 21" bed with lap desk, Ethernet and WiFi HSIA, 32" flat screen television, fridge, coffee set, microwave, luggage bench and jack, ironing board and iron, clock-radio with MP3 player connection, small chest of drawers, desk with very low and uncomfortable padded seat (literally PITA - I had to add the cushion from the overstuffed armchair to get enough seat height) and armchair with ottoman that is higher than the chair seat. Fairly good lighting, fair sound proofing. The wired HSIA has frustrating intermittent brief disconnects. I've not tried the WiFi.

What's in the bath: Waterpik showerhead with showerbath and curved shower curtain; hairdryer, good supply of towels and Purity amenities in tiny bottles and soaps.

What does Gold / Diamond get you: A welcome letter, a bottle of water and a Nutri-Grain bar. My bonus was a mini-vase with two yellow roses, the latter apparently inedible (this was true in 2009, and again in 2011).

Impression: Room is clean and bright, functional and welcoming. Noise suppression is fair to poor, housekeeping is good. Check-in seemed a bit awkward, as if the desk clerk was untrained or uncaring - did not follow my HH preferences for room assignment. For the visiting road warrior, it's the only Hilton family property nearby, and the nearest other is probably the Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport - Natomas north of Sacramento and southeast of the SMF airport - usually more expensive and high demand, but includes airport transport, and the HI&S West Sacramento (both about equidistant from Woodland, 13 miles / 20 km.)

Breakfast: Bag to go for serious read warriors, fluffy powdered scrambled eggs, actual slices of sausage and possibly some of the best biscuits and gravy in the West (Hamptons), as well as some breads, limited fruit, juice dispenser (not watered down), coffees and tea, etc.

See my 2016 updated review below, highlighted by wear and tear, library paste gravy for biscuits totally devoid of redeeming qualities or flavor.

Last edited by JDiver; May 4, 2016 at 2:59 pm Reason: update with 3 May 2016
Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:03 pm

Two years later, an update - not many changes, but an option for SMF airport arrivals /departures. The small parking lot says this is probably not an option for parking a car for trips, however.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:25 am

You should add Ludy's to the list of Woodland attractions
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:40 pm

Stayed again last night.

Same property, no respect for Diamond requests - I annotated a request for a QUIET room as well as my usual preferences for high room far from elevator. So I was assigned 202, middle floor of three, far (east) end, directly facing the 24/7 noise of Interstate 5 (motorway).

Good things: a nice three outlet box with two USB power outlets - but on the night table, adjacent to the bed, rather than the desk.

Pretty extensive breakfast - juices, fruits, waffles, scrambled eggs, decent biscuits and sausage gravy, various breads, bagels, "Danish" pastries, coffee and teas, milk, etc.

Bad things: poor greeting and not much respect for my preferences; heat - air conditioner box on window clanked and clunked; noise from the highway; a nice, healthy cockroach that emerged from under the ottoman to greet me this morning; several pubic hairs artfully draped on and around toilet, pre-placed for my displeasure. Chairs upholstery in dining nook in need of cleaning. The nasty smell upon emergence in the morning - maybe a cattle feed or dairy lot? Ugh!

Seems this place gets a lot of guests and is used a lot, is running down and is not being as well maintained nor as cleaned as it should be; lax housekeeping supervision.

Hey, it's in the rural west - the saying is ""she got rode hard and put away wet" (this hotel is not being properly cared for and gets hard use). Shame; I may have to try the Holiday Inn Express next door, but I suspect it's owned by the same people and is probably also in need of some work.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by JDiver

Good things: a nice three outlet box with two USB power outlets - but on the night table, adjacent to the bed, rather than the desk.
It's so that you can charge your phone/tablet while you sleep.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
The crispy pubes and duty cockroach would have surely compelled me to invoke the 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:32 am

I've updated my original post.

We stayed for a recent trip overseas. On the return, we checked in near midnight, got keys that could not operate room door - thrice! - before getting another room.

This property is looking a bit worse for wear with scuffs, stains, spots. Breakfast has deteriorated. Offers 21 day park and fly (preferably arranged 24 hours in advance) good until midnight only.

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area
2060 Freeway Drive, Woodland, California, USA 95776
Tel: +1-530-662-9100 Fax: +1-530-662-9101

AAA Rating: <> <> <> . . . . Hilton HHonors Reward Category : 5

Location: Just off Interstate 5 freeway / motorway, immediately east of Woodland, California (approximately 10 miles / 16 km from Sacramento, 8 miles / 12 km from SMF / Sacramento International Airport - taxi said to approximate USD $25.) Across street from Holiday Inn Express. Local restaurants a couple of miles down Main Street in downtown corridor. Higher end dining in Davis, 8 miles south on State Highway 113.

What's in Woodland: For me, business (food processing companies.) A small longstanding agricultural community with Historic downtown Woodland and Woodland Opera House, Yolo County Historical Museum (furnishings and artifacts 1850 - 1930s,) Heidrick Ag History Center & Hays Antique Truck Museum, Sacramento River Train. Food: LUDY'S Main Street BBQ & Catering.

What's in this property: A three story hotel with 71 rooms, all non-smoking, including studio and standard suites in a HI&I classic. Outdoor seasonally heated pool and spa, small cardio room, Suite Shop with microwavable meals, beverages, etc. and business center with computer, copier, printing. Complimentary WiFi. Morning "House" breakfast buffet served 0600 - 1000. SMF Airport shuttle service is now available - call (530) 662-9100, prefer 24 hour arrangement.

South-facing (hot in summers) even-numbered rooms face I-5, so choose odd-numbered rooms for north and quieter rooms, on the third floor (high numbers best, numeration runs to -30) - floorboards are "boomy" and one can hear bathroom and footfall noises above. Avoid first floor rooms as too close to guest laundry, lobby / breakfast and Suite Shop, etc. x11 - x19 are close to elevators and vending (vending is inside a glass-door area, good for sound suppression,) and for the summers, x21 - x29 are over the pool and spa area.

What's in the room: The Hampton "Cloud 21" bed with lap desk, WiFi HSIA, 32" flat screen television, fridge, coffee set, microwave, luggage bench and jack, ironing board and iron, clock-radio with MP3 player connection, small chest of drawers, desk with very low and uncomfortable padded seat (literally PITA - I had to add the cushion from the overstuffed armchair to get enough seat height) and armchair with ottoman that is higher than the chair seat. Fairly good lighting, fair sound proofing. WiFi is OK.

What's in the bath: Waterpik showerhead with showerbath and curved shower curtain; hairdryer, good supply of towels and Neutrogena amenities.

What does Gold / Diamond get you: A bottle of water or other choice such as soda or snack bar.

Impression: Room is somewhat clean, but stains and spots are now in evidence, and bright, functional and welcoming. Noise suppression is fair to poor, housekeeping is good. Check-in did not follow my HH preferences for room assignment, and . For the visiting road warrior, it's the only Hilton family property nearby, and the nearest other is probably the Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport - Natomas north of Sacramento and southeast of the SMF airport - usually more expensive and high demand, but includes airport transport, and the HI&S West Sacramento (both about equidistant from Woodland, 13 miles / 20 km.)

Breakfast: Bag to go for read warriors, deteriorated breakfast now includes powdered scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy with cooked library paste like gravy with dusting of pepper for flavor - a few years ago, the gravy had sausage bits and slices, but no more - as well as some breads, limited fruit, juice dispenser (not watered down), coffees and tea, etc.

Last edited by JDiver; May 4, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.