Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder {US-CO}

Never stayed in one of these ,but its close to where I need to be.Can someone tell me about:
1)The free grocery shopping thing,
2) Hot Breakfast,(what and where)
3) Free internet(is it wireless) and,
4) what the best upgrade I could expect to get as a HH Gold. I am currently booked into a King Bed Suite and see morre expensive rooms have a fireplace.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is Safeway (with Starbucks ^ ) in front of that property, it's easier to stop by and get what you want

in the lobby (you'll have to walk outside to get there - not fun if it rains)

3) Free internet(is it wireless)

internet was of wired king and connection was somewhat unstable, slingbox watching was difficult

and,
4) what the best upgrade I could expect to get as a HH Gold. I am currently booked into a King Bed Suite and see morre expensive rooms have a fireplace

you can try to request ahead of arrival if it's critical, IMHO HS rooms are all pretty much the same
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
i'm a long time traveller to homewood suites but not this particular location.
1) They do the shopping if you fill in a form and you get charged for it
2) at the homewood i'm in it is always scrambled egg and (bacon or sausage) and (either waffles OR make your own breakfast burrito OR pre-made breakfast burritos) and Cereals, toast, juices, jogurt, fruit, coffee ...
3) depends on the homewood, i've had wireless at one and wired at another
4) choice of amenity is snack and water or 250 points (for diamond, not sure gold) but no upgrades. After visiting a number of times I have been given the fireplace rooms but there is no real difference. Some places are all suites, some have suites and studios ... so dont expect an upgrade but you could politely enquire at check in if one is available.

Good luck and enjoy, I like Homewood Suites particularly because you can cook if you desire.

E

<Edit> well more definative answer above ... guess i was a bit slow at typing
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:03 am

I've stayed there. It's a good location. You might get a fireplace room, you might not.
It's very much like other HS. I've stayed at MANY of them and enjoy them for what they are:
Two rooms with full kitchen, but blah furniture.
Okay breakfasts wit eggs, etc.
Evening receptions that GREATLY vary by location. Many people use this as their dinner.
They, however give less miles and sometimes don't have interior doors.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by martinplas
Never stayed in one of these ,but its close to where I need to be.Can someone tell me about:
4) what the best upgrade I could expect to get as a HH Gold. I am currently booked into a King Bed Suite and see morre expensive rooms have a fireplace.

I lived there for 6 Months during an aquisition I was a part of. Its a nice HS but beware it is hard to see from the road as it is behind a shopping center. There used to ba a great bagel shop in that center as well and that is where I stopped every day on my way down Arapahoe to work...
Old May 15, 2007, 8:51 am

Homewood Suites in Boulder Colorado

Has anyone here stayed at the Homewood Suites in Boulder Colorado? Is the property in good shape? Thanks!!
Old May 15, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1.3 Million Mile, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President Circle, Global Entry
I stayed last October and it seemed fine then. I saw a bad review recently on tripadvisor.com. Not sure about it. I have a night booked again this coming July. It is the only viable Hilton property in Boulder.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:26 pm

I've stayed there a few times, and never had any problems. The entrance is tricky to find, but other wise fine. If your looking for something different for dinner look up Rascassas Ethopian restaurant.^
Old May 17, 2007, 8:22 am

Thanks for the information...Also thanks for the restaurant tip.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder {US-CO}

Originally Posted by martinplas
Based on stay 7-9 Aug 2007
1) Didn't even know about this!
2) Cereals, some fruit, toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage.
3) Both wired and wireless are free. I used the wired in my room because I have a travel router, so the over-the-air portion was encrypted with WPA. Both work fine.
4) View was important for me. Room was as others have described. They said they will work with Golds, and it is best to also call the hotel directly.

Impression
The room was a non-smoking room in which there was a heavy smoke smell. Housekeeping tried to cover it with that horrible "kill the smoker smell" spray they all use, and that was worse! I asked them not to do that again, and slept with the windows open. Worked out o.k.

The air conditioning is very loud, so turned it off at night (and I sleep with ear plugs!).

Staff were great. Happy hour was quite good: beer, wine, decent food.

The exercise room has a treadmill, elliptical, and sit-down bike plus free weights. There's a superb health club (Flatirons?) next door that charges 12 bucks for Homewood guests

Last edited by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime; Aug 10, 2007 at 12:53 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Mar 6, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Homewood Suites Boulder, CO review

I did a one-night stay at this property earlier this week. My time at the hotel was limited, so there are no doubt things I missed, but I always appreciate seeing other people's reviews of properties, so wanted to put mine out there as well.

This was my first stay at a HS property, and the layout almost looks as though it was an apartment complex converted to a hotel. You either take an elevator or climb exterior concrete stairs to the higher floors, use your key card to enter the central corridor, then enter your room. The grounds appear to be well-maintained, the exterior definitely looks dated, but the interior is up-to-date and modern looking. I had a 1 King room, which includes a large sitting area with fire place and small kitchen, which was stocked with dishes and cookware, 2-burner stove, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher (cannot remember if it had an oven also). The bedding was comfortable and modern, and the place was very clean.

Upon check-in, the front desk clerk was almost over the top on wanting to be friendly and courteous. It was a little amusing, but I'd much rather have that than indifference. I also received a phone call about 20 minutes after check-in to make sure everything was OK with the room.

The next morning, I used the modest exercise room, which has two treadmills and an elliptical machine. No weights, but I did notice that they have several bicycles on site for guests to use. Breakfast was hot eggs, bacon, and home fries, plus the usual assortment of cereals and pastries. The hot stuff was all hot and very good. Even the coffee was good.

The location of this property is also slightly odd, located behind a strip mall, but this would be very convenient for extended stays, as the grocery store and several casual/fast food restaurants are within walking distance.

In summary, I'd say this property is far more pleasing than what meets the eye. There were several business people staying there, but it would also be a fantastic place for families on an extended visit. It is the only Hilton property in Boulder, with the next nearest location being a Hampton Inn about 7 miles down the road.

TBH
Old May 10, 2012, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Property Map (from 2010)

Was going through stuff and found a property map for this location:

Here's a more detailed room block zoom:

Hope these help for some who check in online.

David

Last edited by DELee; Jan 20, 2019 at 9:50 am Reason: stupid greedy photo storage website
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Stayed at this hotel for about two weeks in May on points. It was fantastic!

It was my first time at a HS property. I mentioned that I was there for cycling training. They offered to put me in a room on the first floor right by the parking spaces so I could easily get my bicycle in and out. When I checked in, they had a gift bag (is this normal?) for me and a handwritten card wishing me well on my training. I thought that was a really great touch!

For longer stays, as The Bargain Hunter mentioned above, and for my purposes the location adjacent to the grocery store was perfect. It is a a three-minute walk away and the liquor store is there as well to grab some beer. Also some restaurants in the same strip mall area.

Next door is a Colorado Athletic Club location. I was able to get a special rate for staying at HS so got a three-week membership and was able to train there as well. So close I could walk there in minutes.

I pretty much ate breakfast at HS daily. Was happy with the variety as they had a regular rotation of breakfast foods. The dinners provided (M-Th?) were good as well. Things like hot dogs, BBQ, hamburgers, etc. Good rotation and a dinner menu was provided for the month so I knew what they would have.

Everyone was extremely nice and very accommodating. I believe this was the only Hilton property in Boulder and it was perfect for my needs. I will definitely be back next time I have extended stays in Boulder.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Any recent stays? I remember staying here in 2010 and it was great, but not since then. I may be staying there twice a month for the foreseeable future.

lala
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lalala
Any recent stays? I remember staying here in 2010 and it was great, but not since then. I may be staying there twice a month for the foreseeable future.

lala
Probably other sites such as TripAdvisor, Google Maps, etc. will have more current than here at this point.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.