Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sa Torre Mallorca Resort {ESP} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 1:23 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has stayed at the new Hilton Mallorca and if so what they thought?

Many thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:35 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Any stays here yet? I'm looking for a trip here in 2010.

How close is it to the beach? How is the Diamond treatment? Any upgrades at checkin? Does it have a club lounge?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:12 pm

More importantly....anyone know why it is 50 Eur more per night for 2 people staying than one???!!! 30% additional occupancy tax? That's outrageous!! Thoughts welcome.

P
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Popester
More importantly....anyone know why it is 50 Eur more per night for 2 people staying than one???!!! 30% additional occupancy tax? That's outrageous!! Thoughts welcome.

P
If your gold or above you will only be charged the single guest rate. When I stayed at the Innsbruck Hilton last year there was about the same difference between a singe and souble occupancy rate
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

P
Still pretty normal for European hotels. I remember the times when you paid per person and not per room. Several hotels still charge a surcharge for the second person in a room.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:20 pm

No, and if I followed the directions on their webiste, I wouldn't get their either as they appear to befrom a Portuguese airport, rather than Palma !!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
While the Hilton website doesn't list prices this way, it's very common, particularly in Spain, for hotels to give a discount for single occupancy and will list rooms as such on their website.

e.g. the booking engine of a hotel I regularly stay at lists-

Double Room €100
Double Room - Single Occupancy €85
Deluxe Double Room €130
Deluxe Double Room - Single Occupancy €110
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
While the Hilton website doesn't list prices this way, it's very common, particularly in Spain, for hotels to give a discount for single occupancy and will list rooms as such on their website.

e.g. the booking engine of a hotel I regularly stay at lists-

Double Room €100
Double Room - Single Occupancy €85
Deluxe Double Room €130
Deluxe Double Room - Single Occupancy €110
This is by far better than charging for the second person in the room. No surcharge for a second person but a discount if there is only one person
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:41 pm

That's all crazy though. Why charge so much 30%+ more for a second person if it is not a legal tax?? Surely two people = more income from bars, restaurants etc - particularly a hotel in the middle of nowhere.

Why would being a Gold, which I am, make a difference? Just curious.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
That's all crazy though. Why charge so much 30%+ more for a second person if it is not a legal tax?? Surely two people = more income from bars, restaurants etc - particularly a hotel in the middle of nowhere.

Why would being a Gold, which I am, make a difference? Just curious.
that is perfectly normal for non-US hotels. I think any HH menber gets the spouse stay free thing ... so just reserve for 1 and don't worry. If the rate includes BF it can be tricky, but I booked for 1 before and had no problem getting BF for 2.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's all crazy though. Why charge so much 30%+ more for a second person if it is not a legal tax??
Why charge 15% tax extra in a US restaurant? - they could include it in the price as they do in other countries. Why tip everybody in a hotel in the US? they could pay proper salaries. Different countries have different customs. And there is a world outside the United States and things might be different there. It is as easy as this.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 6:08 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
I passed that hotel several times while driving to Marriott "Son Antem" from the cliff line between Cala Pi and El Arenal. Never stayed there but had a drink at the bar. Location is really in the middle of nowhere so unless you like to bike around the island or donīt plan to leave the hotel for whatever reason a car is a must. Closest beach would be "Platja del Palma" (15min drive) but thatīs a mass tourism beach as pure as it gets. Much nicer but still crowded during summer are the beaches around Sa Rapita. "Playa Es Trenc" would be my personal recommondation but thatīs propably a 40min drive.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 7:57 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Does the Hotel have a conceirge lounge?

How does it compare to the Marriott?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Starbucks
"Playa Es Trenc" would be my personal recommondation but thatīs propably a 40min drive.
Es Trenc can't be much more than 30 minutes away if you get there via the Ses Covetes road and the hotel is where you say it is. Of course that doesn't allow for car parking at Ses Covetes which can take forever if you want the free parking on a busy summer day and arrive much after 11am. As long as you don't mind paying 5 Euros or whatever for parking you can park fairly near the beach even at that time.

According to their website the hotel is here:- http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/app...ode=compat_9_2

Rubbish location though as the cliffs are 50 foot or so high here for several miles and there is no beach anywhere. So you will be stuck with just using the hotel pool unless you have a car.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I was somewhat optimistic as I saw this thread emerge that Hilton may finally be assembling some great resorts in Europe. But it seems like this property will not contribute.

Can anyone suggest what fabulous beach resorts Hilton has in Europe? If any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.