Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Arrow Casa Marina Key West, Curio Collection by Hilton (was WA) {US-FL}

From the October 2 Key West Citizen:

The Casa Marina Resort and Beach Club in Key West, Florida. along with its sister property, the Reach Resort, are soon becoming part of the Waldorf-Astoria collection of hotels.
The historic, but newly renovated hotel, currently an LXR resort, is owned by the Blackstone Group, which also owns the Hilton brand hotels.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
More info here:

http://keysnews.com/node/6176

This is very good news since HH hasn't had a high end property in EYW (or any property in a good location in EYW) since the Hilton got re-branded to Westin.

I'm looking forward to trying it!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:34 am
Community Director Emerita

It looks like a beautiful property. Has anyone stayed there?

One write up I found online (from a site that sells its rooms):

Built in the 1920’s, The Casa Marina Resort dates back to a time of elegance and refinement with a luxurious atmosphere unparalleled in Key West to this day. The hotel overlooks the largest stretch of beach in the Keys, and offers a variety of water sports and activities, complete health club facilities and fine dining. This seaside classic captures the character of Key West with a twist of Florida charisma and Key West charm.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wasn't the Reach a Marriott at some point?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
First, the Casa Marina was once a Marriott. I have stayed there, then and recently and - while it's nice and historic and may have the best hotel-owned beach on the Key - I sure don't think of it as a five-star property. Four-star, yes. While I'm glad it's joining the Hilton family, I'm surprised that it's being branded as a Waldorf=Astoria.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:55 pm

Casa Marina and Reach Resort

It looks like both properties are on the hilton site. It will be a couple of weeks before point rates are determined.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Going to EYW in June for a wedding and need advice of which HH to stay at. I will be there for 4 nights and trying to stay on some sort of budget. Yeah I know Key West os not the place to go on a budget. Most of the festivities will be around Duval St. near the Reach but to save 300-400 by staying at the DT is tempting. Any opinions? Also anyone know if you get complimentary breakfast at either W=A property?

DT is $149
Casa Marina $210 (includes resort fee)
Reach $245 (includes resort fee)
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

The Casa Marina is well worth the extra money. It is in a much better location, and will give you a much more unique Key West experience. Don't make the mistake of staying at the Doubletree just to save a few dollars.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

The comments in my previous post apply to the Reach as well.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Going to EYW in June for a wedding and need advice of which HH to stay at. I will be there for 4 nights and trying to stay on some sort of budget. Yeah I know Key West os not the place to go on a budget. Most of the festivities will be around Duval St. near the Reach but to save 300-400 by staying at the DT is tempting. Any opinions? Also anyone know if you get complimentary breakfast at either W=A property?

DT is $149
Casa Marina $210 (includes resort fee)
Reach $245 (includes resort fee)
I haven't stayed at the DT, Casa, or Reach, but I've wandered around all 3 and I'd recommend the Casa Marina. The DT is not in a very good location and is a farily typical FL Keys large hotel. The Location for the Reach and the Casa is much better. IMHO the Casa has a much nicer ambiance and layout, and is much more elegant than the Reach.

I have a reservation at the Casa Marina for April. I Just looked at it on line and noticed a button stating "Request Discounted Room Upgrade". I clicked on the link, and sure enough it took me to the NOR1 fee based upgrade system page . Its my first stay there so I'll be very curious how they implement the My Way Diamond preference choices for W=A properties:

1) One category room upgrade (excludes suites and the Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and the Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri). If room upgrade is not available, you will receive both of the remaining options.

2) Discount at select resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurant, etc.) OR access to the Colosseo Lounge when staying at Rome Cavalieri OR when staying at the Waldorf=Astoria hotel in New York City, a choice of either a full breakfast each morning or two complimentary beverages each night of the stay.

3) 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points

Based on this its a guess about what Diamond bennies (if any) will be offered at the Reach or the Casa Marina.

If you can wait I will be posting a Casa trip review late in April.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I haven't stayed at the DT, Casa, or Reach, but I've wandered around all 3 and I'd recommend the Casa Marina. The DT is not in a very good location and is a farily typical FL Keys large hotel. The Location for the Reach and the Casa is much better. IMHO the Casa has a much nicer ambiance and layout, and is much more elegant than the Reach.

I have a reservation at the Casa Marina for April. I Just looked at it on line and noticed a button stating "Request Discounted Room Upgrade". I clicked on the link, and sure enough it took me to the NOR1 fee based upgrade system page . Its my first stay there so I'll be very curious how they implement the My Way Diamond preference choices for W=A properties:

1) One category room upgrade (excludes suites and the Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and the Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri). If room upgrade is not available, you will receive both of the remaining options.

2) Discount at select resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurant, etc.) OR access to the Colosseo Lounge when staying at Rome Cavalieri OR when staying at the Waldorf=Astoria hotel in New York City, a choice of either a full breakfast each morning or two complimentary beverages each night of the stay.

3) 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points

Based on this its a guess about what Diamond bennies (if any) will be offered at the Reach or the Casa Marina.

If you can wait I will be posting a Casa trip review late in April.
Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it. I'm not going till June, so your trip will still be timly for me. I to read better stuff about the Casa Marnia, but we're already streatching our budget to stay at the DT. But I would love to stay there.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Gold, UA Premier
I will be at both of the W-A properties in mid-March for my wife's b-day. I too got the Nor-1 link with nothing to show once I click on it. I have called both to discuss the opportunity to upgrade, and have been advised to call a week ahead of time and they will flag my account for an upgrade. I will post about the service when I return.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Hmm, think I heard this before...

Mods - may want to consolidate with this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...announced.html
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it. I'm not going till June, so your trip will still be timly for me. I to read better stuff about the Casa Marnia, but we're already streatching our budget to stay at the DT. But I would love to stay there.
@:-) Go for drinks. Parking's free around the corner, or up the street a block (across the "common" -- don't know what they call open spaces with grass in Florida).
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:51 pm

Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort point changes?

How are the point changes are coming on March 28th for the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.