Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best "Meeting room suites" in North America?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond

I am the chairman of a technical standards committee that meets about 4 times a year for a couple of days each time. The meeting is usually attended by about 4-7 people from different companies and from different geographical areas (Germany, Switzerland, DC, Los Angles, Vancouver, Chicago). We don’t get outside funding for meeting rooms so it’s the companies we represent which have to pick up the tab.

In the past we have used “meeting room suites” or “conference room suites” at different hotels and it seems to work well for our group primarily because it costs quite a bit less than a regular meeting room but also because you are much more flexible for meeting hours, bringing in snacks, etc. We have had meeting room suites at the Hilton Suites in Orange and an Embassy Suites in Phoenix.

The question I have is what other Hilton properties with meeting room suites can you recommend in North America?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: US-SP,Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum
There are some pretty good Embassy "2 ROOM EXECUTIVE SUITES" that I have been upgraded to, that would serve you very well.
A board room style table in the first room of the suite, the bathroom is off this room. The bedroom door can be closed for privacy.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingLess
There are some pretty good Embassy "2 ROOM EXECUTIVE SUITES" that I have been upgraded to, that would serve you very well.
A board room style table in the first room of the suite, the bathroom is off this room. The bedroom door can be closed for privacy.
A couple years ago I stayed at the Embassy Suites KC Plaza (based on recent reviews, this property has been going down lately, and pretty fast at that) and was upgraded to a 3-room "Boardroom Suite". It had a standard ES-style living room with a sofa, bedroom wit a king-size bed, and one more room with a large meeting desk and (unless I'm mistaken) a whiteboard on the wall.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingLess
If the Hilton website specifies an "Executive Suite" does it necessarily mean that it has a small conference table? I've looked at the description of some of those rooms and it seemed to only imply that it was an upgraded room with upgrade amenities.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:32 pm

I got a room that largely meets this description (as a Diamond upgrade) at the Hilton in Vancouver, Washington. It had two hotel rooms attached on either end, with a large meeting-type room in the middle. It had a conference table, sofa, TV, phone, and so on, and was quite nice (if not a bit large for two people on a one-night stay).

Mike
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

At the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak in Phoenix I have been upgraded to an " Ambassador Suite"- large bedroom and an boardroom type table in a large living room with seating for 7-8 people.
Very nice!

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
The presidential suites at the Hilton NY and the Hilton Anaheim would more than suit your needs. The prices might not be a bit more than you want to pay.

The Hilton Anaheim features a full boardroom with big plush chairs and seating for 10-12. Very plush.

The Hilton NY has a huge dining room table that could be purposed for an all day meeting, but the chairs might not be all that comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.