Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2001, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown {US-IL}

I will be travelling to Chicago on business with wife and baby daughter in October. A suite with two rooms and a door that separates both rooms is a must (the parents among you are all nodding their heads in agreement right about now).

Any comment on the Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago? Any thoughts on the Residence Inn by comparison?

Many thanks. (My God, I hope a local Chicago station airs Blues Clues....)
Old Aug 29, 2001, 1:39 pm

We stayed there last December and found it to be very convenient. The full kitchen is nice - especially, if you need to heat up baby bottles, etc., and the fridge is handy.

The continental breakfast wasn't very interesting, but the complimentary evening dinner looked interesting - cheese and crackers, spaghetti, salad. The dinner is available Monday through Thursday nights. We didn't eat there, but there was a monthly menu posted on the fridge. Complimentary beer and wine were also available during the dinner hours.

This place would be great for single women who don't want to eat dinner alone in a restaurant.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 2:07 pm

What a great homewood suites

I just got back from Chicago and stayed at the Homewood suites downtown. It was the nicest homewood suites I have ever stayed at.
Great location, 1 blk to Michigan Ave (shopping wounderland). Geart brew pub a short walk up the steet(Rock Bottom Brewery).
The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The breakfast spread was hugh and cooked to ordered eggs.

Good websit also
http://www.homewoodsuiteschicago.com
Old Jul 2, 2002, 3:02 pm

I second that.
Great location, great hotel, room service from P.F.Chang, ESPN zone in the back of the hotel etc ...
Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:30 pm

What was your room rate...?
Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:35 pm

I agree, great property... plus PF Changs across the street
Old Jul 3, 2002, 5:44 am

I got a rate of 129.00 a night, for chicago in the summer, that a great rate.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 6:01 am

As a guest of Homewood Suites, you can also use the Gorilla Gym next door for free.

And yes, the location is perfect for walking to Navy Pier, the Mag Mile, etc.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 7:53 am

Location: Columbus, OH - AA Executive Platinum / SWA A-List Preferred / HHonors Diamond / Hertz President's Circle
Homewood Chicago Downtown Now Has Wireless

For anyone staying in Downtown Chicago, the Homewood Suites at 40 E Grand now has wireless high-speed available - complimentary. You can get a wireless card when you check-in.

This is another great reason to choose this hotel when you are in Chicago. Free buffet breakfast, free manager's reception (with appetizers), on-site fitness club (or free access to Crunch gym right next door), great staff, and great rooms.

They are running specials for the holidays. You can get a weekday room for $99 - $109.

------------------
NWA Platinum Elite
HHonors Diamond
Old Dec 5, 2003, 8:01 am

Location: Columbus, OH - AA Executive Platinum / SWA A-List Preferred / HHonors Diamond / Hertz President's Circle
FYI - the promotion code for "Homewood For The Holidays" is HWH. You can use that when checking availability online.

------------------
NWA Platinum Elite
HHonors Diamond
Old Dec 5, 2003, 1:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
This is a terrific hotel -- and this is just another reason to stay at it. Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT.UA EX, HH DIAMOND
Anyone stay at Homewood Suites-Downtown Chicago Lately?

I have booked two weeks at the Homewood Suites in River North in early Feb.
Homewood Suites get great reviews on the Hilton Board...but I am wondering if anyone has anything to say about this hotel good, bad or otherwise? Any special suites to ask for?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 13, 2005, 12:21 am

Programs: Hilton Starwood NWA Delta
Homewood

Ask for a corner room.. great views.

The location was great 1/2 block from the train too.

Wireless access was horrible. It was fine before 8am and then unusable slower than dial up 8-10 am and bogged down again 6pm-11pm
The hotel was sold out while I was there so it might be better other times.

Breakfast was great tons of cut up fruit, meats, hot eggs and carbs.

Don't plan on the "dinners" the few I checked out were pot pies like the ones from university years. Big trays of TV dinner style pasta and sauce. Might be good for kids. They also had draft beer and cheap wine you could serve yourself. Room service was great it was from PF Changs chain it was hot and fast. The fitness center in the basement Crunch was Excellent!!!!
There was one on the top floor too it was small but 24 hours. Pool on the top floor, no hot tub.

Dry cleaning service was fine. Bathroom was tiny sink was outside of the bathroom.

I was by myself and the extra space was nice. A co-worker had a wife and 3 year old and loved the extra space and 2 tv's .

I'm not much of a writer as you can see .. If you have any other questions let me know.

Originally Posted by On The Road Again
I have booked two weeks at the Homewood Suites in River North in early Feb.
Homewood Suites get great reviews on the Hilton Board...but I am wondering if anyone has anything to say about this hotel good, bad or otherwise? Any special suites to ask for?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 13, 2005, 4:40 am

A few of us in town for the Chocolate Do last October stayed there... space was nice, location was great, hotel was fine, didn't eat breakfast...great access to shops and Mag Mile / nightspots and the CTA back to ORD. At the time, IMHO, it was the best value in downtown Chicago.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:46 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question New Reports ??

Any new feedback?Never been in any HS
What are the beds like?Comp biz center?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.