Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Americas-Houston {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2003, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Arrow Hilton Americas-Houston {US-TX}

Feature columnist Shelby Hodge previews the new Hilton now under construction in downtown Houston:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.ht...shodge/1781575

>>How many convention hotels can boast such luxury -- the downy bed coverings and decorative pillows, 9-foot ceilings, overstuffed furnishings, marble and granite baths. <<

BTW, the column title inexplicably refers to the Magnolia Hotel, a new downtown boutique property, reference further down in the column.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:00 pm

Arrow Hilton Americas-Houston {US-TX}

... the Houston Chronicle took a sneak peak

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...siness/2258092

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 6:53 am

New Hilton Americas Houston Bonus Feb. 2-Apr. 30, 2004

From February 2 through April 30, 2004, stay at the Hilton Americas Houston and earn double Hilton HHonors® Base points and double miles with Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, America West Airlines®, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Midwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines*, United® or US Airways

Request Plan Code H2 for the Hilton Americas Houston offer.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Houston: Hilton Americas vs Four Seasons

I will be visiting Houston in a few weeks to catch a weekend baseball game, so staying downtown is a priority for me.

I am currently sitting on 2 reservations. One at the Hilton Americas and the other at the Houston Four Seasons.

The Four Seasons is a Amex Platinum Hotel so that brings with it some bennies (late checkout, room upgrade, free lunch). But other FTers on the Luxury Hotel board have said the FS is getting tattered and run down, and question why it still carries the FS label.

The Hilton is a newer property, and seems to receive good reviews from FTers on the HH board.

The rooms are priced about the same. so that is not a factor.

If you had the option, where would you stay? I should note that one more qualifying stay is not going to impact my HH Elite Status one way or the other.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:16 pm

Hilton Houston Americas - which floor is executive?

Does anyone know which floor of the Houston Hilton Americas has the executive rooms & lounge?

Thanks!
jodawg
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:26 am

Hilton Americas- Houston

I am going to be in Houston for two days to catch a Rockets' game ... Rates are about $130-150. I just signed up for HHonors and need about 70000 points for my stay which I dont have in any other frequent flier program. Does anyone know of any offers or promos to get this price adjusted or at least get some decent rewards/points/miles. Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation

Originally Posted by iluvcf
I am going to be in Houston for two days to catch a Rockets' game ... Rates are about $130-150. I just signed up for HHonors and need about 70000 points for my stay which I dont have in any other frequent flier program. Does anyone know of any offers or promos to get this price adjusted or at least get some decent rewards/points/miles. Thanks
I'm confused. Your title is misleading. You're not asking or giving any information about this property. You're looking for points information, but YMMV.. I am unaware of any rewards/points/miles information and check that properties "specials" page, but I suggest doing a search, if you haven't already done so.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Any recent stays here? I've visited the hotel itself, and have seen the lobby and top-floor bar (excellent view). However, I've never seen any of the rooms. I'll be staying in late March, and was hoping someone here may have had experience with Gold Upgrades, or perhaps could describe the rooms (standard or executive).
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:02 am

Programs: DL FO, AA,USAIR,MM,HHonors Gold,HertzGold
I have stayed there several times over the past few years attending Astros games. I have never received an upgrade to a suite, but the front desk has always welcomed me as a return guest and actually put me in the same room two years in a row. The room was above average with a great view of the downtown area. The executive lounge was one of the better ones as well. The room I stayed in was King with desk, mini bar, big bathroom and sitting area. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:30 am

You should get an executive upgrade if there isn't a convention in town....at least lounge access. I've basically had the same type of room on every visit whether I am on executive lvl or not. Spencer's has great food, exec lounge is huge, and fitness room is outstanding as well.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Thank you both very much for the update. Am looking forward to my stay here. The lobby and common areas alone blow any SPG property in Houston out of the water.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here after the IAH Beer & Ballpark DO back on 3/31, and the stay was quite pleasant. Received an upgrade to the Exec Floor, with a nice view of the ballpark in the background. The room was nice enough, though I don't have much Hilton experience to compare it to. The room reminded me of a nice Sheraton or middle-of-the-road Westin, with a very comfy bed, standard TV, chair and work-desk, and good-sized bathroom with tub-shower combo. Continental breakfast in the exec lounge was ample.

All-in-all, if I need to stay in Downtown Houston again, I'll be staying at the Hilton Americas. As for Houston Hotels in general (based on price and upgrades), my hotel of choice is still the newly renovated Sheraton Houston Brookhollow (Upgrades to nicely renovated junior suites with 40+ inch LCD TVs, nice staff, good dining, $60/night point-earning weekend rates available via SPG.com).

My first Hilton foray was positive, though...and I'll definitely be back for more.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum,Starwood Platinum,Priority Club Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Thank you both very much for the update. Am looking forward to my stay here. The lobby and common areas alone blow any SPG property in Houston out of the water.
I'm forced to go to Houston in August for a convention; Houston is NOT my favorite city. I have a room booked at the Hilton Americas and was considering switching to the Westin or Hyatt, but after this comment I think (and hope) that I may be pleasantly surprised.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ekert
I'm forced to go to Houston in August for a convention; Houston is NOT my favorite city. I have a room booked at the Hilton Americas and was considering switching to the Westin or Hyatt, but after this comment I think (and hope) that I may be pleasantly surprised.
I work across the street from the Hyatt Regency, and have passed through the hotel many times (though have not stayed there). Based on the common areas, I definitely would not stay there, as it's definitely looking a bit 80s these days.

The Galleria Westins are two SPG properties in Houston that I've not stayed in, based on generally poor reviews here on FT and on TripAdvisor. They've not been renovated in quite some time, are always full, and Plat treatment is lackluster to nonexistent.

If you're not dead-set on earning points, you might consider (for Downtown Hotels) Hotel Icon or the Magnolia Hotel. Both tend to generate excellent reviews, and the Magnolia is perhaps as close to a W Hotel as anything Houston has (except perhaps Hotel Derek at the Galleria).
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This property is now a "Hiton," as it appears to have lost its "l" after Hurricane Ike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.