Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg (was Hilton Luxembourg) {LUX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg (was Hilton Luxembourg) {LUX}

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2001, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Luxembourg (was Hilton Luxembourg) {LUX}

The latest news from Luxembourg:
According to a local newspaper, the Hilton Hotel group is set to open a new 5* hotel in Luxembourg City. The property has 337 rooms and 71 suites. It also features 2 restaurants, 2 bars and a health club with indoor pool. The hotel is set to open on June 1st and is converted from Luxembourg's only Intercontinental.

More information on this property: http://www.interconti.com/luxembourg...tel_luxic.html

Muerz

[This message has been edited by Muerz (edited 05-26-2001).]
Old May 26, 2001, 1:48 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Muerz:
The latest news from Luxembourg:
According to a local newspaper, the Hilton Hotel group is set to open a new 5* hotel in Luxembourg City. The property has 337 rooms and 71 suites. It also features 2 restaurants, 2 bars and a health club with indoor pool. The hotel is set to open on June 1st and is converted from Luxembourg's only Intercontinental.

More information on this property: http://www.interconti.com/luxembourg...tel_luxic.html

Muerz

[This message has been edited by Muerz (edited 05-26-2001).]

That would be absolutley fantastic for my travel plans this summer. Thanx for the notice, I hope it goes through so I can get credit for it in July!

Old May 29, 2001, 8:12 am
DOC 2 BE

Muerz --

I found the small news article that you were referring to and with my limited high school French was able to understand it thanks to your previewing its contents to me!

Unfortunately, Hilton does not have this hotel or information pertaining thereto, loaded into its system as of yet. I am hopeful that this will occur after 6/1/2001.

Thanx again,

D2B

Old May 29, 2001, 9:38 am
Original Poster

In the article that I've read, they said that it would operate as a Hilton property starting June 1st of this year but I could not see any transformations going on at the hotel, even the Interconti signs have not been removed yet. And the Interconti web site still displays it as an Intercontinental.

Muerz

P.S. Where have you found that article online? Which newspaper have you read it in?
Old May 29, 2001, 1:26 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Muerz:
In the article that I've read, they said that it would operate as a Hilton property starting June 1st of this year but I could not see any transformations going on at the hotel, even the Interconti signs have not been removed yet. And the Interconti web site still displays it as an Intercontinental.

Muerz

P.S. Where have you found that article online? Which newspaper have you read it in?
Pursuant to your request:

http://www.tageblatt.lu/journal/arti...ticleNum=18470

Old May 31, 2001, 6:11 pm
DOC 2 BE

Muerz --

The switchover must have occurred! You cannot book the hotel on the Intercontinental website anymore, but it still appears there, for now. I will contact Hilton Reservations, but as of yesterday, they had no info on it.

Old Jun 1, 2001, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I'm going to check this out for you this evening if time allows me to.

Muerz
Old Jun 6, 2001, 5:38 am
Original Poster

It is official now. The Interconti has been reflagged to Hilton. Haven't had the time yet to go to the property but in the Hotel Information at the Airport they now state the hotel as a Hilton. All Interconti signs have disappeared.

So long
Muerz
Old Jun 6, 2001, 6:19 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:
It is official now. The Interconti has been reflagged to Hilton. Haven't had the time yet to go to the property but in the Hotel Information at the Airport they now state the hotel as a Hilton. All Interconti signs have disappeared.

So long
Muerz
</font>
thanx Muerz!

Coincidentally, I had contacted European Hilton reservations, and they advised today, that it had indeed become a Hilton, but that it had not been loaded into the computer reservation systems as yet. They are to advise me when they do so, and then I will post it for all to be aware of the oppurtunity to stay there.

I assume it is a nice hotel as it was a former Intcont'l.

Old Jun 6, 2001, 6:45 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
It has a nice pool and good breakfast, rooms need a makeover so.
Old Jun 6, 2001, 3:23 pm

i just tried to book the Luxembourg Hilton and the 1-800-HHONORS operator said it didn't come up in her system. Now what, i am going to be there in a month!

[This message has been edited by I'mNeverHome (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old Jun 8, 2001, 10:52 am

any news on when this is going to be in the system?
Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:08 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by I'mNeverHome:
any news on when this is going to be in the system?</font>

I will let you know when I know! However, if you are concerned a week or so before you go and it still has not posted, I would fax the hotel and ask what their room rates are. Then you could book it directly with the hotel. Be sure to ask them if you will earn HHonors points for your stay, though!!

Here is the e-mail I received from Hilton Reservations:

"Dear XXXXXXXX,

I had new information this morning and in fact, the Intercontinental has
become an Hilton.
I'm not able to book this hotel for the moment but in the meantime, you can
contact them directly at :

Luxembourg Hilton
12 RUE JEAN ENGLING
LUXEMBOURG LU 1466
Phone: 352/43781
Fax: 352/436095

Best Regards,
Katia
Hilton Reservations Worldwide"

If you do stay there, when will you return? I leave for Europe on July 16th, and expect to be there sometime on or around the 27th.

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 06-08-2001).]

Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:21 pm

If you do stay there, when will you return? I leave for Europe on July 16th, and expect to be there sometime on or around the 27th.

I will hopefully be staying there a month from today after celebrating 4th of July in amsterdam. From Luxembourg i will make my way to Geneva for a few days, then off to Pamplona for the running of the bulls and then just driving the Spanish countryside for about 10 days (with a couple of stops at the Barcelona Hilton) with a three day stay at the Marriot Marbela beach resort (sorry Hilton no luck getting a GLON reward this late anywhere in Europe). And maybe a stop atthe Hilton Noga Cannes, France on the way back to Amsterdam.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 12:50 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by I'mNeverHome:

I will hopefully be staying there a month from today after celebrating 4th of July in amsterdam. From Luxembourg i will make my way to Geneva for a few days, then off to Pamplona for the running of the bulls and then just driving the Spanish countryside for about 10 days (with a couple of stops at the Barcelona Hilton) with a three day stay at the Marriot Marbela beach resort (sorry Hilton no luck getting a GLON reward this late anywhere in Europe). And maybe a stop atthe Hilton Noga Cannes, France on the way back to Amsterdam.
</font>

We are going in opposite directions! I fly from London to Geneva on the 21st and will be staying near Montreux for the Jazz festival. Then on to the Hilton Lyon for a couple of days. Next, to Burgundy for some of the "Vine" and then to the Lux and Antwerp Hiltons.

My one piece of advice, try to be in France on 7/14 for Bastille day. I hear in Cannes they set off fireworks over the bay. I was in Paris for the HUGE military pararde down the Champs Elysee, and I would think that since Lyon is France's 2nd largest city (Mareseilles and it often fight about this) they are doing something neat, as well.

Moreover, my recollection was that the museums were OPEN in Paris on 7/14.

IF you do contact them before you go, would you let me know what rates they were offering?

Thanx, and enjoy your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.