Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris {FRA} (France) (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Did anybody notice when the new Hilton Arc de Triomphe is supposed to be opened.
Saw something like March or April 2004 but did not note the date at the time and that info cannot be found on the Hilton website.
Suppose I will give Hilton a call

Place ( at least on Hilton.com) looks like an ( much desired) improvement over the Hilton Paris, location says across the street from Parc Monceau and standard rooms “ are new in 30s art deco style” plus is listed as a Cat. 6 hotel.
I have a reward stay booked at the Ave Suffren property for my wife's birthday next March but am considering a change of venue if the new place is open ( or nicer)
mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited November 11, 2003).]
Old Nov 12, 2003, 8:39 am

Parc Monceau is a lovely place, but it's hardly convenient to anything. Long way from most places where I'd want to shop, visit, stroll, hang out, and not exactly in a central metro location. If the hotel is comfortable and a good value, I might want to stay in that neighborhood maybe 1 in 10 or 15 visits to Paris, but certainly not more than that.

What is it with Hilton? There are lots of interesting neighborhoods in Paris, and other chains (Hyatt, Holiday Inn, InterContinental, Sheraton) manage to have properties in them. And Hilton seems to prefer to be Nowhere.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:15 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Paris Arc de Triomphe France

I see that the Hilton site shows a property that's new to me in Paris:
Hilton Paris Arc de Triomphe
51-57 rue de Courcelles, Paris, NA FR 75008

My usual feeble attempt at a proper search didn't turn up anything on this, but this may be old news. No availability showing. Cat 6, of course.
Rich
Old Nov 19, 2003, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Is this new to Paris?

I was looking for an award possibility in Paris (not likely...nothing open) and saw this property:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=PARDTHI

Is this a new property? Anyone know any particulars in terms of when it will open or what it was before the Hilton?
Old Nov 19, 2003, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Wow! Great location.

This is the first I've seen on this property and I was just doing a Paris search a couple weeks ago.

I think it is a great idea for Hilton, IMHO. The Paris Hilton always seems to be stuffed to the gills and I have yet to get an award reservation there without having to invoke the Diamond exception privilege. The Paris Hilton, while nothing spectatular, takes a Category 6 reward at all times. This tells me that demand for rooms is probably high enough to warrant more availability.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Looks like it is set to open in Q1 2004 based on the hotel's website:
http://www.hilton-paris.com/arcdetriomphe/

Reservations page has opening date:
http://www.hilton-paris.com/arcdetriomphe/rooms.html
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WOW!!! With 100 Executive Level + 25 suites of the 512 room total, this comes to a very nice 23% for upgrades. Unbelievable! I hope its gotta a nice large Executive Lounge (or two) and a No Smoking policy.

Does anyone know what this hotel is named now?

MisterNice
Old Nov 19, 2003, 6:02 pm

upgrademe...perhaps you can find that in one of the previous threads.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 2:42 pm

I just booked a GLONP here; is this a better location than the La Defense property?

Any reviews of the area? I don't mind not being able to walk right outside the door and be in the middle of it all. Will a 10 minute walk get me to a desirable area, or is it at least close to the train?

I'm so pumped to have got the award stay!

[This message has been edited by dingo (edited Dec 20, 2003).]
Old Dec 20, 2003, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
I just booked a GLONP here; is this a better location than the La Defense property? </font>
Congrats on the GLONP.

From what I've read, anything is better than Le Defense.

I spent several days at the Paris Hilton near the Tower - it was reported that it, too, was nowhere near anything, but I didn't find that to be true, and we enjoyed the heck out of the place.

If it's near the Arch, you should be just a hop and a skip from the Champs Elysee, and there's plenty of action around there.

In any case, you're probably just a short Metro ride from wherever you want to go.

Have a great time!
Old Dec 20, 2003, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words. From what I understand, it is close to the Champs Elysee. Some have said that gets old, but we've never been to Paris before so I think it will be fine.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 1:36 pm

Much confusion at HHonors about this. I just sent an email to verify when I had to re-deposit unused certs (have a GLON, GLONP and ALON). In the same email I tried to verify that the Triomphe was a GLONP.

I will check out of the Arc de Triomphe Hilton on May 28.

The reply back was that unused certs had to be re-deposited by May 31 or become void. Ok.

Also, since the award structure has changed this hotel would require a GLONP2 even though as stated above my award reservation ends before the current certs expire.

I'll post back here in case there are any issues with this as I imagine a lot of people have these certs and award stays coming up.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi all,

A little advice coming from a student living in Paris for the last month, and living here til the end of July. There is no "ideal" location in Paris. You have shopping in several different spots, one of the biggest malls in in La Défense. You have the Effel Tour, and Notre Dâme, and countless other monuments around the city. No matter where you stay you will have to do some walking and metro rides, it is just part of Paris. I think your best bet is to find the hotel that treats you the best and has the best view and stay there. I really don't think location makes a big difference, La Défense to the Arc de Trimophe is a 5 minute metro ride and costs 1.30 euros or one euro if you buy a pack of 10. You will find that this is not too far out of the way. I didn't think that hotel was a very tourist friendly hotel though, it's located in the convention center. So either other Paris property would be great, just find one that treats you well.

Timo
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
According to the website, the hotel is taking bookings starting March 29. I'll be in Paris with my mother on the 30th and didn't want to risk something going wrong the first week so we're at the Paris Hilton. Now just waiting to see if it will come up as a Point Stretcher.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:00 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bluehen1:
According to the website, the hotel is taking bookings starting March 29. I'll be in Paris with my mother on the 30th and didn't want to risk something going wrong the first week so we're at the Paris Hilton. Now just waiting to see if it will come up as a Point Stretcher.</font>
I had the same thought. I will be there the first week of April. I have a GLONP2 booked at both the Hilton Paris and the Arc (On the advice of the Diamond desk) I will just cancel the Hilton Paris one a few days out. So, I will probably be one of the first of us staying there. Ill let you all know how it is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.