Concierge e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Conrad Cairo {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2000, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Arrow Conrad Cairo {EGY}

Anyone out there has experience staying with this hotel as I will be staying there for 5 nites next week using PTS5 award. Do they upgrade Gold members to Exec floor using an award stay and for room taxes, do they charge eventough it is a room award ? Appreciate your comments and experiences
Old Mar 30, 2000, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I cannot speak for Egypt (stayed elsewhere), but all of us at the PIP who were on awards (most of us) got upgraded. They do not have a real towers floor there in Waikiki, however. But in Waikoloa, we have stayed twice as Gold members on an award and have been upgraded to Towers. You must ask.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:26 am

Late Check-Out

The search engine did not prove very succesful (and the Conrad did not reply to my e-mail) so here I go:

I will stay at the Conrad in Cairo next July and my flight will arrive at Cairo Intl at 1 am. (so should be at the hotel at 2?), my flight back to AMS will leave at 3 am and since I will just miss making KLM GE I won't have lounge access. Will I be able to get a late check-out at the Conrad and what time can I expect to have my check-out extended to?
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:26 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
As HH Gold, I have asked for late check-out twice (beyond the 'normal' 1-2 extra hrs they give HH members). Both times, would have to leave by 6 pm, AND be charged for 1/2 day. (CNS and DUB, both in '01). Didn't accept the 'generous offer' either time.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I've been offered 4pm and 5pm checkout on several occasions, always at no charge. These were U.S. locations, though.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 10:24 pm

Channa,
Which Hiltons allowed you to check out so late? I'm curious because I've never had a property allow such a late check-out before. Usually 2pm is as late as they'll go.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 12:17 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
The NYC Milliennium Hilton gave me a 3pm late checkout this June without extra charge.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:27 am
Suspended

Got a 4 p.m. check out at the Homewood Suites at IAD late summer for free, received several "generous offers" as well, 2 more hours for $ 50 and so on, simply ridiculous...
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Avallon:
The search engine did not prove very succesful (and the Conrad did not reply to my e-mail) so here I go:

I will stay at the Conrad in Cairo next July and my flight will arrive at Cairo Intl at 1 am. (so should be at the hotel at 2?), my flight back to AMS will leave at 3 am and since I will just miss making KLM GE I won't have lounge access. Will I be able to get a late check-out at the Conrad and what time can I expect to have my check-out extended to?
</font>
I've been looking at Egypt for a while with KLM but always hoped they'd change their flight timings

Anyway I've never had any joy with real late checkouts with Hilton, usually they're ok up until 3pm but if I need a later one then I book an extra night. Trouble is they don't count it as a night on my account ?

Conrad Singapore however asked why I was checking out early and when I explained that I only booked the extra night for a late checkout they refunded the charge. Not sure if all Conrads would do this though.

Nigel

Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Hilton Jumeirah Dubai 6.00pm Check out on one stay and 4.00pm on a second stay(It was full that night)

Hilton Abu Dhabi 5.00pm.

Cheers

Alan
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion; HH Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Conrad Cairo

I will be in Cairo from Feb 18th - March 4th at the Conrad on the Executive Level. Has anyone any information to share regarding. I have stayed at the one in Bangkok and hope that the Conrad Cairo will live up to my experience in Bangkok which was truly amazing!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:35 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=conrad+cairo
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:37 am

We stayed there in 2001. Very nice hotel. Good service.
Nice rooms at the Executive level but poor insulation between rooms.
You could benefit from your neighbour's TV or music even at 3 PM at night...
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A quiet hotel in Cairo is worth gold... or even Diamonds! Traffic is heavy at all hours, horns are considered to be the common means of communication among drivers. Also the "quaint" custom of calling the faithful to prayer by a muezzin in a masjid tower has now been replaced by loudspeakers - and it has been recently proposed in Cairo that ALL the speakers be synchronized - and the same recorded voice be used for the call throughout the city. How early do want to be awakened?

A quiet hotel and a high floor all help. Though it has been a while we enjoyed the Ramses Hilton, I believe it was, on the Corniche.

BTW, go visit the Naguib Mahfouz Café and Restaurant (named for the Egyptian 1988 Nobel Literature prize winner, who was a regular patron) in the Khan al Khalili bazaar, near the Hussein Mosque. Good food, great service. You will feel like a sheikh, and they won't "sheikh you down" for prices. (I'm RD&H!) The bazaar is a must-see for anyone in Cairo! Inshallah (God willing,) you will find a bargain there... (You will hear that phrase a lot - it actually means something like "If God wills it, it may happen, probably without any particular intervention on my behalf." Take it as a really iffy "maybe." It is pronounced "een-SHAH-lah".)

Don't bother asking for pork - though Egypt positions itself as a secular republic ('Misr' The Arab Republic of Egypt,) you will likely have beef bacon, etc. IMO, Egypt has a lot to offer, and many Egyptians are very friendly. But you will find a country with some issues - Mubarak has been in power a quarter of a century, and is looking for six more years - and is that a Gamal's nose under the tent I see? Many Egyptians would like to see less secularism rather than more... be aware and act accodringly.

Last edited by JDiver; May 25, 2011 at 7:07 pm Reason: typoe
Old Feb 16, 2005, 4:11 am

I know how it can be in Cairo... very noisy town...

However we had less "neighbours" problems during our last stay at the Nile Hilton where we were entitled to a very nice Corner Suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.