Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hilton Beach Property

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2001, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: a little here, a little there
Best Hilton Beach Property

Plannig a trip to the East coast sometime later this year. What's your opinion on the best Hilton on the beach? I have kids, but want to hear from everyone.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 12:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I had a great time last year with my family at the Hilton Head resort.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000657.html

In Florida, I'm partial to the SanDestin resort as well as the Longboat Key property.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:41 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I like the Fontainebleau Hilton Resort, located seaside in North Miami Beach.

I even get around w/o knowing much Spanish!

Old Mar 22, 2002, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Best Mexico Beach Property?

What is the best Hilton/Camino Real beach property in Mexico?
Old Mar 23, 2002, 3:32 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Having only experienced the Camino Real Puerto Vallarta, I solidly cast my vote for it. So solidly that we are returning May 9-15 on a $100 rate + 17% tax, Camino Real Club as HHonors Gold. The stay was booked on the phone with Hilton. Please search for my previous comments and trip report on this hotel.

I note that Las Hadas, Manzanillo is a CR property. People that we met in PV had stayed there and were not very complimentary about it. Thought PV facility was much better and they were staying in the non-club rooms.

BlondeBomber on 3/22/02, in the Hilton forum, wrote:

"A new perq for me is the addition of Camino Real chain in Mexico--just had a wonderful stay in club rooms at Puerto Vallarta on a GLON 6 night stay deal!"

[This message has been edited by opushomes (edited 03-23-2002).]
Old Mar 23, 2002, 10:13 am

I agree wholeheartedly. The Camino Real IS the place to stay in PVR. Leading Hotels made the mistake of letting La Jolla de Mismaloya into its ranks, after dropping the Camino Real. I noticed the La Jolla is gone from the LHW directory now though.

Opushome: Are you confirmed in the Club tower under that $100 rate? If so, is there a promotion name or code to get it?

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2002, 12:45 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
SDFlyer

How to book Camino Real Stays http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003784.html

You will soon have mail.

[This message has been edited by opushomes (edited 03-23-2002).]
Old Mar 25, 2002, 8:02 am

How about the new Hilton in Cabo.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I am VERY partial to the CR in Mazatlan - amazing service, rooms and food - some of the best hotel "bar food" I've ever had!
Old May 3, 2002, 11:51 am

Hey Everyone;
As many others out there, I am hunting for a great honemoon spot that I can use my Hilton points (Gold member). However, don't have too much time to spend so I figured Caribbean or Mexico would both be good bets. Anyone have experience with the new Camino Real property, Loreto Baja? Any information would be great!
Thanks, Jenn
Old Dec 29, 2003, 3:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
140,000 points and seeking a beach

I have 140,000 points accumulated using a American Express card. I want to use them to head to a beach in January. However, I am new to the Hilton points and am not sure of how to get the best deal using these points. Anyone can point me in the right direction/suggestions?
Old Dec 29, 2003, 3:56 pm

I don't know who all AMEX points work with, but you would get a much better deal if you could convert them into Airmiles that exchange with HHONORS. You only get 1300 Hilton points per 1000 MR points, but if you go into airmiles say Continental and then to HHonors points you get 2 for 1 on the Airmiles conversion.

[This message has been edited by cndij (edited Dec 29, 2003).]
Old Dec 29, 2003, 4:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying I shuold move my AMEX Hilton points to Continetal and then back again to AMEX? Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jpsj:
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying I shuold move my AMEX Hilton points to Continetal and then back again to AMEX? Thanks. </font>

From the HHONORS site:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rew...change_1.jhtml

**After September 1, 2003, Continental Airlines will no longer be participating in the Reward Exchange. Please note that customers who are members of Continental OnePassŪ and HHonors can continue Double DippingŪ to earn both Points & MilesŪ with qualifying stays at more than 2,500 Hilton Family hotels worldwide.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
I think we need a little more clarification. Are you using a Hilton HHonors AmEx to earn Hilton points, or are you using a regular AmEx and earning AmEx Reward points that you would like to convert to Hilton points?

Also, are you looking to use the points for airfare or for a Hilton hotel?

Finally, do you have any status with HHonors, e.g. are you Silver, Gold or Diamond? That could make a difference in the kind of accommodations you would get at various Hiltons on beaches.

[This message has been edited by Jassy-50 (edited Dec 29, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.