Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Alamosa, CO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Arrow Hampton Inn Alamosa, CO

Brand new hotel. Upgraded to a huge studio suite. Largest tv I've ever seen in a hotel room. "High speed internet" [sic] atrociously slow (and the hotel only had about 20 guests that night). Breakfast the usual bland and mediocre Hampton brand-standards fare. (At least there was biscuits and gravy!^) Very nice staff
Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/21-8/22:

Location: The hotel is located on US 160 which is the main drag in Alamosa. It's in a complex with two other hotels (a Holiday Inn Express and Fairfield Inn by Marriott) and next to a Walmart. Within a mile are numerous fast food places, gas stations and grocery stores. About 3 miles away is downtown Alamosa and a half hour away is Great Sand Dunes National Park. Denver is about a 3.5 hour drive and Colorado Springs 2.5

Hotel: As cblaisd said above, this is a new construction Hampton Inn that still feels brand new. It's in great repair with a large parking lot, inviting lobby and breakfast area, indoor pool and hot tub and business center. The elevators were quick and lighting good. Also, they kept a plate of cookies in the lobby during the afternoon and evening that was refilled often. Pretty much everything you'd want from a rural Hampton Inn.

Check In: I was staying with friends and they were good enough to allow me to have my HH number on file. No issues switching it and the agent was very friendly offering us snacks from the HHonors box, giving us info on the internet etc.

Room: Good sized two twins room with the only complaint being a small TV. Wifi worked great, outlets were near the bed, a/c was almost too cold and our shower was huge. We even had a real closet.

Breakfast/Other: Above average breakfast spread. Scrambled eggs with shredded cheddar, maple sausage that was really tasty, french toast sticks, waffle maker with a bunch of toppings including berries and whipped cream, cereal, yogurt, pastries, breads etc.

My only issue with the hotel was the person working the front desk the next day was really rude. He resisted giving us a late checkout and just getting 1 PM was an ordeal. He also didn't bother to say thank you or ask how our stay was at check out. Oh well.

Overall a very good property especially for the area, I'd gladly return.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Just a note: No such thing as a "two twins room' in 99.9% of USA branded lodging. You were in a very common two-queen or QQ room.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, PC Platinum, HH Diamond
Decent Hampton Inn and Convenient to Great Sand Dunes National Park

Hampton Inn Alamosa, CO

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hampton Inn Alamosa, CO

710 Mariposa Street Alamosa, CO US 81101

Decent Hampton Inn and Convenient to Great Sand Dunes National Park (0 Photo)

Hampton Inn Alamosa, CO

Check In

Check in was uneventful.  Digital key wasn't working; so I had to get a physical key, and room changed from the one I had selected, but no big deal.

Room

Room was decently sized.  We had a king with a sofa bed and were able to sleep 5 of us (wife and I and 3 kids) pretty comfortably.  It was clean and fairly quiet.

Dining

Standard Hampton Inn breakfast fare.  Dining area is fairly big; so it wasn't all that crowded, which can be an issue with Hampton Inns.  There's a water dispenser on the 1st floor as well for filling up water bottles, which is handy.

This obviously depends on your goal in the area, but for us, it was to visit the Great Sand Dunes National Park.  The hotel is about 45 minutes away, but you're not going to get closer if you want to stay in a hotel. We rent a sled and board from a nearby store to use at the Dunes, which is something I would recommend. There's a Walmart across the street, which was handy for us as we were on a 10 day vacation and needed some more supplies.  Lots of fast food in the area, and the downtown is maybe a mile away.

Overall

A decent Hampton Inn, if a little expensive.  Staff was nice and gave us a late checkout; so we could enjoy the Dunes in the morning (it was storming the previous afternoon).  I'd recommend staying here.

Decent Hampton Inn and Convenient to Great Sand Dunes National Park

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn Alamosa, CO?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.