Search

Conrad - Gross Misrepresentation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonours Gold, Accor Platinum, KF, *A Gold
Conrad - Gross Misrepresentation

Hi Friends, please find email to Hilton Corp Complaints
Its been a week and no one has given me a satisfactory answer to their marketing, and at the time i publish this, the contents of their website on amenities hasnt changed one bit.

Hi Hilton / Conrad Corp
I am writing to you to request for more information regarding your recent fanfare media run on the 3 Top Line bathroom amenities that is made available to ALL guest of Conrad.

I recently stayed at Conrad Bangkok and I was made to understand that the property has either not implemented this bathroom range or has opted out of this program..

While the property has been most gracious and open about this arrangement, and have made the.necessary.arrangements to have a duty manager speak to me about this issue, and has completely satisfy me that they have done all they could as a property to explain and seek my understanding on this including making my stay a more pleasant and comfortable one..

I am however of the opinion that Conrad represented by Hilton should explain on the discrepancies which are evident in my attachment taken from your website. And that these marketing materials are not uploaded by individual properties but are managed by corporate marketing, thus being the most.appropriate.party to respond to my complain.

I relied on your representations of the luxurious experience that would be accorded to me and with those representations, I made a reservation and had it not been for such representations made, it would be otherwise equally likely and probable that I make a reservation at another property in Bangkok. I am writing therefore to ask for a suitable compensation for these gross misrepresentation that the hotel group has made on its website and other related 3rd party media release which has altered my perception of your brand and my expected experience..

This is my first time staying at a Conrad property and your representations have contributed in a substantial part for my decision, and it was disappointing to say the least when I was made to understand that what are promoted and represented to me in your published materials do not materialized to those misrepresented claims..

Please ensure that a suitably senior executive within the chain, dedicated to service experience as well as marketing get back to me on this issue and your.appropriate.respond to my complain within 48 hours of the receipt of this email..

1..Delivering a personalized luxury experience to all guests
CONRAD AMENITIES
Customize your luxury experience by individually selecting one of three distinct bath amenities from our diverse and indulgent lineup – Aromatherapy Associates, Shanghai Tang and Tara Smith Vegan Hair Care available in all Conrad Hotels & Resorts.

Regards
Joel Pang.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:55 pm

I can not understand what you're saying. You are using way to many words, in the wrong way. Are you upset that they didn't have the right soaps and shampoos.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by opulentgroup
Hi Friends, please find email to Hilton Corp Complaints
Its been a week and no one has given me a satisfactory answer to their marketing, and at the time i publish this, the contents of their website on amenities hasnt changed one bit.

Hi Hilton / Conrad Corp
I am writing to you to request for more information regarding your recent fanfare media run on the 3 Top Line bathroom amenities that is made available to ALL guest of Conrad.

I recently stayed at Conrad Bangkok and I was made to understand that the property has either not implemented this bathroom range or has opted out of this program..

While the property has been most gracious and open about this arrangement, and have made the.necessary.arrangements to have a duty manager speak to me about this issue, and has completely satisfy me that they have done all they could as a property to explain and seek my understanding on this including making my stay a more pleasant and comfortable one..

I am however of the opinion that Conrad represented by Hilton should explain on the discrepancies which are evident in my attachment taken from your website. And that these marketing materials are not uploaded by individual properties but are managed by corporate marketing, thus being the most.appropriate.party to respond to my complain.

I relied on your representations of the luxurious experience that would be accorded to me and with those representations, I made a reservation and had it not been for such representations made, it would be otherwise equally likely and probable that I make a reservation at another property in Bangkok. I am writing therefore to ask for a suitable compensation for these gross misrepresentation that the hotel group has made on its website and other related 3rd party media release which has altered my perception of your brand and my expected experience..

This is my first time staying at a Conrad property and your representations have contributed in a substantial part for my decision, and it was disappointing to say the least when I was made to understand that what are promoted and represented to me in your published materials do not materialized to those misrepresented claims..

Please ensure that a suitably senior executive within the chain, dedicated to service experience as well as marketing get back to me on this issue and your.appropriate.respond to my complain within 48 hours of the receipt of this email..

1..Delivering a personalized luxury experience to all guests
CONRAD AMENITIES
Customize your luxury experience by individually selecting one of three distinct bath amenities from our diverse and indulgent lineup – Aromatherapy Associates, Shanghai Tang and Tara Smith Vegan Hair Care available in all Conrad Hotels & Resorts.

Regards
Joel Pang.
I believe so, now that I read it again.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:19 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Are you serious? You booked this hotel, out of all the options in Bangkok, because of the bathroom amenities? I'm not surprised they haven't responded - probably can't understand your letter or haven't stopped rolling around laughing.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:52 am

OP, this is a joke, right?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Are you serious? You booked this hotel, out of all the options in Bangkok, because of the bathroom amenities? I'm not surprised they haven't responded - probably can't understand your letter or haven't stopped rolling around laughing.
^ completely agree with Wan1dap
If the mini bottle of shampoo is that important bring your own.

Now move along, nothing to see here!

Globalist
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Must be the night for bizarre posts.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I think OP should cc the Secretary-General of the UN for good measure.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:29 am

Did you end up not showering because you didn't like the soap and shampoo? If so, that's the only reason I could think that the word "gross" is applicable.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
the Thais over there are still laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qO__UGerXg

well our company has choosen Conrad Bangkok long time ago as it has been best value for money in the luxury hotel segment - have been there so many times but no idea what shampoo or soap I´ve got - I remember the tasteful thai style furnished rooms, stylish modern bathrooms with glass separated, excellent restaurants, coffeeshops, bars, discoclub, wonderful EL, good location in the financial district, best service, generous upgrade policy for Golds and Diamonds
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Hilton has spent considerable amount of money to publicize that you can choose between the three different options of shampoos etc at Conrad hotels. I don't think that it is up to Conrad Bangkok to decide whether they want to participate to this Conrad wide initiative or not.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by holtju2
Hilton has spent considerable amount of money to publicize that you can choose between the three different options of shampoos etc at Conrad hotels. I don't think that it is up to Conrad Bangkok to decide whether they want to participate to this Conrad wide initiative or not.
Well allow me to comment that I would fire the guy without notice who decided to waste that amount of money for this marketing sh... The Conrad brand speaks for itself and should be supported by substancial strategies such as expansion on luxury level, with Asian Conrad hotels such as Tokyo or Bangkok in mind, and world class resorts as Rangali Island.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Gross mispresentation? It's bath products for goodness sakes. I am one who loves luxurious shampoos, etc., but really? I'm curious as to what brand did they have in your room. I hope you enjoyed the hotel despite the gross misrepresentation regarding shampoos.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
I was there a month ago and their was no Loofah in my bathroom kit. Needless to say, I couldnt eat, sleep, or enjoy a great lounge, it ruined my entire trip so I returned to the civillization at the Canrad Singapore. Heathens.....I tell you!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: HH diamond
Is this a real post or a troll?!

The OP is complaining about his stay because he didn't get the advertised bath soap/shampoo?!! Sorry, OP, I have to agree with the others. This is too minor an issue to complain about and really not worthy of a response. It looks like you are trying to fish for compensation for a nothing complaint. I hope you did not base your choice of hotels on the bath amenity. If your trip was ruined by the lack of bath amenity choice, then sorry, it was YOUR OWN FAULT. Obviously the rest of the hotel stay was fine if you had to pick on something so small to find fault with. It says something about you if you are focusing on something so minor and petty when you have a world class city to enjoy outside the doors.

I stayed there a few months ago. Their provided bath amenities were FANTASTIC!!

This entitled attitude and compensation culture is completely out of control! Sorry, your very minor complaint is not worthy of a senior officer responding nor of any compensation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.