Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Charged room service fee for to-go order at HGI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond

I was staying at an HGI recently, and I called the restaurant to ask if I could order a sandwich to pick up at the bar. They said "sure!" My purpose was to avoid the room service fee. When I went downstairs to pick up the order, it had been all set up on a room service tray, which I did not want or need. I was charged the exact same as I would have had I had the food delivered to my room. Has anyone else experienced this? I think if I am picking up my own food, I should not be charged the room service fee. What do y'all think? I am not asking if I did the right thing (I just picked up the plate and napkin, paid the bill, and went back to my room) or what I should do now, I just want to get others' opinions on this.
Old May 17, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Dennis the Menace Fan Club
Sounds a bit mean to me...

How much was the charge? $5?
Old May 17, 2012, 4:55 pm

Should have said something right then and there or at least before check-out to the FD agent. Maybe it was just an oversight on their part while taking the order.
Old May 17, 2012, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by borofergie
Sounds a bit mean to me...

How much was the charge? $5?
What sounds a bit mean? Yes, I think it was probably around $5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.