Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Changes to Reward Categories for Select Hotels – Effective April 30, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:14 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

As part of our routine assessment of the Hilton HHonors program, each year we review the category assigned to each hotel, which is used to determine the number of HHonors points needed to redeem a free night for a Standard Room. We periodically review a number of factors for each hotel including hotel demand, location, and brand to determine a hotel's reward category. Effective April 30, 2012, of our more than 3,800 hotels, 330 hotels will move up a category (less than 9% of the hotels), while 117 will move down one category level. At this time no new categories are being added and the points required for each hotel reward category are not changing.

To ensure our members have access to the complete and detailed information on the updates, we have created a quick reference PDF with the list of changing properties and their new category number.

These changes will be going into effect on April 30, 2012. Any Standard Room Rewards or Points & Money Rewards reservations made prior to April 30, 2012, will be honored at the hotel's previously published category. Reservations made or modified after April 30, 2012 will be subject to new hotel reward categories. If you have any questions about the hotel category changes, please contact our customer support team at 1-800-HHONORS (1-800-446-6677).

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton HHonors.

-Hilton HHonors Representative
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Thanks,

Any chance we can get the list by state?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
As part of our routine assessment of the Hilton HHonors program, each year we review the category assigned to each hotel, which is used to determine the number of HHonors points needed to redeem a free night for a Standard Room. We periodically review a number of factors for each hotel including hotel demand, location, and brand to determine a hotel's reward category. Effective April 30, 2012, of our more than 3,800 hotels, 330 hotels will move up a category (less than 9% of the hotels), while 117 will move down one category level. At this time no new categories are being added and the points required for each hotel reward category are not changing.

To ensure our members have access to the complete and detailed information on the updates, we have created a quick reference PDF with the list of changing properties and their new category number.

These changes will be going into effect on April 30, 2012. Any Standard Room Rewards or Points & Money Rewards reservations made prior to April 30, 2012, will be honored at the hotel's previously published category. Reservations made or modified after April 30, 2012 will be subject to new hotel reward categories. If you have any questions about the hotel category changes, please contact our customer support team at 1-800-HHONORS (1-800-446-6677).

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton HHonors.

-Hilton HHonors Representative
Question for you: Why is that it takes 50,000 points to redeem for a $100 gift card where at Marriott, it cost only 24,000 points ?

They also offer 10 points per dollar spent.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:51 am

LOL. The Hilton Savannah Desoto in the same category as the Bora Bora Nui.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by luv2go
You and I both know that you'll never find availability at the Bora Bora Nui. Hilton simply wanted to point out Savannah as a possible alternative
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:15 am

Thanks for the heads up.

The Hampton Inn in North Conway NH as a category 6 seems crazy to me. It's located on a very busy road, and the facility feels a little worn. (Great staff though.) I do understand "foliage season", but that's two or three weeks of the year.

The Hampton in West Yarmouth, also as a category 6, is only slightly more understandable given its mediocre location on The Cape.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AUDirt
You and I both know that you'll never find availability at the Bora Bora Nui. Hilton simply wanted to point out Savannah as a possible alternative
In addition to never, this forum also sees difficulty with the words 'none' and 'always'. One could put together a very nice 9-day GLON at the end of July.

KING GUESTROOM GARDEN VIEW
KING GUEST ROOM GARDEN VIEW CONVENIENT FOR FAMILIES GARDEN VIEW ... Room Details
RATE PLAN PRICE PER NIGHT (XPF)
Best Available Rate
Rate Details
Fr 59,500 Select
LUNE DE MIEL Special offer
LUNE DE MIEL HONEYMOONER SPECIAL OFFER Rate Details
Fr 50,575 Select
STANDARD ROOM REWARD
Standard Room Rewards allow HHonors members to use points to book... Rate Details
50,000HHonors
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
So 4 pages of hotels moving up and 1 page of them moving down. Sounds about right
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:58 am

But I forgot to thank HHonorsRep for the heads-up. Nice to have company input here!
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luv2go
Tbats why they included "at this time" before "no new categories are being added".
Knowing the history of hilton's approach to the program i dont expect "this time" to be particularly long.

That being said the probably have far more awards redeemed for savannah or san diego than bora bora so they save more money by jacking up reward price there. Thats my only hope.

Last edited by azepine00; Apr 9, 2012 at 11:16 am
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:08 am
Community Director Emerita

Heads up notice is very much appreciated.

For those of us who think geographically, is it possible to get the list by country and then city?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now hampton duluth is in the same category as hilton beverly hills.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
In addition to never, this forum also sees difficulty with the words 'none' and 'always'. One could put together a very nice 9-day GLON at the end of July.

KING GUESTROOM GARDEN VIEW
KING GUEST ROOM GARDEN VIEW CONVENIENT FOR FAMILIES GARDEN VIEW ... Room Details
RATE PLAN PRICE PER NIGHT (XPF)
Best Available Rate
Rate Details
Fr 59,500 Select
LUNE DE MIEL Special offer
LUNE DE MIEL HONEYMOONER SPECIAL OFFER Rate Details
Fr 50,575 Select
STANDARD ROOM REWARD
Standard Room Rewards allow HHonors members to use points to book... Rate Details
50,000HHonors
You know my post was a joke, right? (I'm assuming so, but thought I would check.)
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
That list makes my eyes hurt trying to decipher it, there is no semblance of order- i.e. Doubletree Durango followed by Doubletree Savannah followed by Doubletree London West End- I just got dizzy mentally jumping all over the globe . It is broken down by Hilton Family, but after that it's seems to be a random mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.