Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria {GBR}

I want to see if there is any review on this hotel, it looks like they recently joined Hilton family. I want to know how they treat Diamond members in this hotel, mainly if complimentary breakfast is given.

The location of this hotel makes it very appealing as it says opposite to Victoria station. We plan a week-long stay in London in April during spring break, and will be our first trip in London. Some of the tour we booked depart from Victoria station.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Unfortunately not in time for OP´s stay, but had a recent 1 night midweek stay.

The hotel is located on Bridge Place, just at the back of Victoria Train / Underground Station, and also very close to Victoria Coach station. I believe it was an Hisperia hotel until recently rebranded as a DT.

Good DIA recognition at check in, along with a warm cookie, and upgraded to an Executive Room on the 3rd floor with robes, waters, 2 chocolate truffles in a box and a couple of chocolate squares (presumably from turndown).

The room was an OK size for London standards, had a good size bathroom with bath and shower over it, and a view over other office blocks.

The full cold and hot buffet breakfast was complimentary for DIAs - it had a good selection of both and hot and cold options, along with efficient staff.

Unfortunately didn´t have time to view or use any of the lesiure facilities.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
do they have a lounge????
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
No lounge or gym

I have stayed here a couple of times in the past month. For me location is fgreat with a 10 in walk to work.

There is no exec lounge and no gym. You may be lucky and get a drink voucher at checkin to compensate the lack of lounge. But this seems to be hit and miss and dependant on who checked you in.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this seems like the best option in london for 40k points....the absence of a lounge is a negative but i guess for a short 2 night stay its not a deal-breaker....staying here next month....will post a review afterwards....
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
My Tripadvisor review from April 2012:

I am an equal opportunities Hilton stayer - I'm happy to try them all, but won't always return! I had an early morning Eurostar journey planned, after flying in to Gatwick the night before. I've been through Victoria dozens of times, so thought I'd try the Doubletree simply because of it's position next to the station. If you head through the station concourse towards platform 1, there's a station exit that takes you straight to the hotel. Looks ok from the outside (albeit in a bit of a back street) and looks equally acceptable in the lobby. I'll mention that I have an HHonors card, that the flexible room rate for a queen deluxe room was £209 (for a thursday night) and that my HHonors preference suggest I like a high floor away from the lifts. When I checked in, there was no upgrade available, I'd been put on the 3rd floor near the lifts (room 305) which was labeled "Executive". Because I was leaving at 6am the following morning, I asked if I could specify HHonors points instead of having breakfast. The lady behind the desk had no idea what I was talking about. Anyway, the room was very small, dated, the air con was broken (I mentioned this to the front desk, and a small machine that I dared not use was left in the room) and as a result the room was ridiculously warm. Bathroom was also small with combined bath/shower, but on the plus side there was a nice selection of Crabtree & Evelyn Citron Honey & Coriander amenities. Because it was late, I went down to the hotel restaurant for dinner. I had the Smoked Duck marinated in hoi sin sauce served on a pancetta, spring onion and baked sweet potato mash for starter, and it was delicious. I then had the fillet steak with chips and a pepper sauce which was cooked perfectly and again delicious. Service was also very good (albeit the restaurant only had me and 4 other people in it!) I got two free wifi codes from a very helpful lady on the front desk (different to the lady who checked me in) and these codes could each be used on two devices - very handy. As a HHonors card holder, there was a little box of chocs and a bottle of water left in the room for free. I had an uncomfortable nights' sleep due to the temperature in the room. All in all, I was hoping the hotel was going to be better, as I like the location, but the rooms need a lot of work. One of the Concierge's suggested that the hotel was currently being worked on, and that they were actually stripping each floor entirely and taking out the existing rooms ... I hope so as they're much too small as they are at the moment. I might try the hotel again after the refurb, but would definitely want a better room on a higher floor.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evapor8
My Tripadvisor review from April 2012:
thanks for the review....did the concierge happen to mention how long the renovations would take????
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
thanks for the review....did the concierge happen to mention how long the renovations would take????
I stayed there a few weeks ago and was given a room on the newly-refurbished Executive 9th floor (very nicely done and the only refurbished floor). I asked the question regarding renovations, and was told they would start refurbishing floor by floor from this autumn - it would take 6 weeks per floor so everything would be complete by 2014.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidw70
I stayed there a few weeks ago and was given a room on the newly-refurbished Executive 9th floor (very nicely done and the only refurbished floor). I asked the question regarding renovations, and was told they would start refurbishing floor by floor from this autumn - it would take 6 weeks per floor so everything would be complete by 2014.
cool....will ask for the 9th floor during check-in....thanks....
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: DL 2.945MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond,
Has anyone stayed at this property lately. We are planning a 3 night award stay in early July and are considering it because of the location.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, dabbling in USAirways
I am a HHonors Gold also looking to do a reward stay at the Doubletree Victoria in April. Like patom, I would love to hear any recent reports on the place.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: US, HH
I stayed there for one night last week, on a discounted rate. Got upgraded to a room on the 9th floor, everything looked new and was very clean. Bathroom had plenty of towels and an enclosed shower (no tub). Generous toiletries, wasn't the usual DT Crabtree and Evelyn though, but perfectly fine. Comfortable bed. Room overlooked the station but I really never heard anything, and it was actually quiet in the hallways too, never heard people talking or doors slamming much.

Front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Only odd thing was when I checked out they couldn't find me in the system. Turns out they had me listed as being in another room altogether. I had them fix that on the spot, didn't want to get charges for another room as well.

The location is great for Victoria Station, it is literally just across the street. Can't speak for the bar/restaurant, never used it. The wifi was decent too, a big plus for me.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, dabbling in USAirways
Thank you, GrjApp! I am glad to hear you had a positive experience. It is always dicey when I read a hotel is undergoing renovations. I am glad to hear the exec floor has been refurbished.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by GrjApp
I stayed there for one night last week, on a discounted rate. Got upgraded to a room on the 9th floor, everything looked new and was very clean. Bathroom had plenty of towels and an enclosed shower (no tub). Generous toiletries, wasn't the usual DT Crabtree and Evelyn though, but perfectly fine. Comfortable bed. Room overlooked the station but I really never heard anything, and it was actually quiet in the hallways too, never heard people talking or doors slamming much.

Front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Only odd thing was when I checked out they couldn't find me in the system. Turns out they had me listed as being in another room altogether. I had them fix that on the spot, didn't want to get charges for another room as well.

The location is great for Victoria Station, it is literally just across the street. Can't speak for the bar/restaurant, never used it. The wifi was decent too, a big plus for me.
How big was the room GrjApp? When I stayed on a lower floor, the room was tiny.

Chris
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: US, HH
It was spacious enough, for me anyway. King bed, two side tables, a chair and table to the side and small desk, with the usual flat screen tv on a cabinet of some sort and coffee station, closet etc. The bathroom was decent size too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.