Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Albuquerque {US-NM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Albuquerque {US-NM}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2002, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Albuquerque {US-NM}

Has anyone stayed at the Albuquerque Doubletree? Looks like a hi-rise. is it nice? Is it in a nice area? Are there restaurants and things to do withing walking distance.

I stayed at the Hilton before. It was OK (Albuquerque really isnt that nice of a city)
Its not near anything and there are no good restuarants within walking distance.

Any boutique hotels in Albuquerque?(ha ha)
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:30 am

I stayed there about six years ago, but remember a low rise. I do remember that I was very pleased with the stay.

Check out the mexican restaurant in old town that has a tree growing out of it.

JP
Old May 29, 2002, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Albuquerque Doubletree, whats going on 8/5

What is going on August 5 & 6th that rooms are all booked up this far in advance?

Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2002, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Albuquerque Doubletree room categories

I will be staying at the Albuquerque DT next week. I see on the web page that they have "Standard", "Premium", and "Deluxe" rooms. I assume the Deluxe is the best, but what does it offer that Preimum and Standard don't? Do they do generally upgrade Gold members?
Old Jun 6, 2002, 6:42 am

They do upgrade gold members to deluxe rooms; you'll get a couple of coupons for free drinks in the bar and breakfast coupons (in addition to your cookies, of course). I've never stayed in anything but a deluxe room (always have been upgraded) so I don't know what the actual room differences are--deluxe are higher up; other than food and beverage credits, that could be the only difference.

Pat

[This message has been edited by PStreet1 (edited 06-06-2002).]
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
DT Albuquerque

I have a couple nites in Albuquerque in April. I've done the Hilton and was wondering if I can get some info on the Doubletree. Thanks

------------------
HH Gold
Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Dia
Try http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005348.html
Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Search?
Old Mar 4, 2003, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
The DT is a completely forgettable, generic, approximately 20 story hotel, architecturally almost identical to the DT in Orange, CA. Not bad, not good; it is to hotels what Applebee's is to restaurants - mainstream and bland.

Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:36 am

Programs: DL FO, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
The Doubletree is downtown, and has an underground passageway to the Convention Center. As others have said, nothing special about it, but it's not a bad hotel.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 8:18 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Update?

Any update on this property? In particular the hotel condition.....the hotel web site states "Our freshly renovated hotel" in the description but doesnt list what has been renovated so any info would be appreciated.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 9:41 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
Smile I have been there!

As previously stated, the hotel isn't new. They were renovationg the upper HH floors when I was there back in April so I had a 2nd floor room. Bfast is ok. Be aware, as I checked in, I asked for the usual complementary bar drink coupon and I was told that the hotel is under new management and they have eliminated that HH benefit. I have a stay planned near the end of the month. I stay there for is close proximity to a storefront micro brew pub (no food, but no problem bringing it in).
Old Aug 5, 2006, 7:53 am

For what its worth I travel to ABQ on a weekly basis, as far as Hilton I would reccomend the Embassy Suites. The walls may be thin but as far as cleanliness it is probably the best
Old Aug 5, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I stayed at the DT ABQ a couple of times back on May, just after the room renovation, and it is much, much better than before. I was there for the renovation party -- the one before the lobby/outside renovation currently in process -- and the drawings of the finished product look really nice.

I would definitely stay there over the Hilton, and would stay there if your business takes you to Downtown...but if it doesn't, you might want to consider the brand-new ES on I-25.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have no choice but to stay there due to rate and location so thanks to all for the updated info. I will report back after my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.