Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

TARGETED beginning Oct 1, 11 - INSTANT 25,000/30,000 Bonus Points on Honors AMEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED beginning Oct 1, 11 - INSTANT 25,000/30,000 Bonus Points on Honors AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation TARGETED beginning Oct 1, 11 - INSTANT 25,000/30,000 Bonus Points on Honors AMEX

Promotional Start date: Oct 1, 2011

Cards Eligible: American Express HHonors AMEX or HHonors Surplus AMEX Card.

Our gift to you: 25,000 Bonus Points on your Hilton HHonorsTM or Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Card from American Express.

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...rType=hhfree25

Enroll now to receive.

Our gift to you: 30,000 Bonus Points on your Hilton HHonorsTM or Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Card from American Express.

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...Type=hhfreeoct

Enroll now to receive.

Enroll here by November 20, 2011, using your user ID and password

Use your Card to make a purchase before December 31, 2011.

Just giving you a heads up; I will post the two separate active links for the two offers on Oct 1, 2011. Who knows, you may be eligible for BOTH! On a separate note, AMEX and HHonors is also coming out with 6x bonus points for dining out - will be on a separate thread come Oct 1st.

6x points DINING thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...2-29-12-a.html

ENROLLMENT STARTS OCT 1st, but I put the links up early so you can get a heads up

Last edited by jammanxc; Sep 30, 2011 at 11:36 pm
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Sounds good to me!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:21 pm

Are these bonuses for using the dining program? What are the terms of the promotion?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:56 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Moved to HHonors section because the offers will (apparently) not be relevant to Membership Rewards. I am not persuaded there is any benefit to pre-announcing an offer with no substantive detail, but defer to the HHonors moderators who can leave or close the thread.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I was thinking of cancelling, trying to build up my AA miles; this is great news. Maybe this is why they are doing it, I would imagine a decent number of us have switched our spending to Advantage cards.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I would imagine a decent number of us have switched our spending to Advantage cards.
I have switched most of my $$$ to AA this year, due to the 1.5 miles per $ promos that have been in effect with Citi most of this year.

I still put the 6 HH points per $ merchants to Surpass.

Both programs are not looking so hot right now in terms of the value of their respective currencies (no Diamond Force for normal rates on HH; reduced availability of international J/F awards on AA.)
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jammanxc

Just giving you a heads up; I will post the two separate active links for the two offers on Oct 1, 2011. Who knows, you may be eligible for BOTH! On a separate note, AMEX and HHonors is also coming out with 6x bonus points for dining out - will be on a separate thread come Oct 1st.
Links, please!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:47 am

Great! Looking forward to getting more information come October 1st.

Some may remember, HHonnors AMEX used to give 5 points for restaurants (3 was standard and 5 was the max), and then when they went to 3pt/6pt structure, restaurant merchants were dropped from that group. So it makes sense to bring them back in and created this "added benefit".

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is this some sort of joke like the Q4 promo?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

Originally Posted by jammanxc

Our gift to you: 25,000 Bonus Points on your Hilton HHonorsTM or Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Card from American Express.

Enroll now to receive.

Our gift to you: 30,000 Bonus Points on your Hilton HHonorsTM or Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass Card from American Express.

Enroll now to receive.

Thanks for posting this, but how do you know about it? Not that I'd ever doubt anything I read here on FT or the interweb, but I'm still curious.

And if it does prove true, I wonder whether this could partly be to cushion the blow of the changes coming to the HH program. Or am I mixing apples and oranges here?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Terms of the promotion? I don't buy that I can just click something and get 25,000 HH points because Amex likes me.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by PedroNY
Great! Looking forward to getting more information come October 1st.

Some may remember, HHonnors AMEX used to give 5 points for restaurants (3 was standard and 5 was the max), and then when they went to 3pt/6pt structure, restaurant merchants were dropped from that group. So it makes sense to bring them back in and created this "added benefit".

Cheers,

PedroNY
Sounds like something to fight other cards' Q4 5% category (Chase Freedom has Dinning and Department Stores for Q4. Not sure about Citi and Discover, but they are usually similar)

Would be nice if they make it permanent.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LongingForORD
Links, please!
HE said he will post them on oct 1.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
[QUOTE=jammanxc;17083457]Promotional Start date: Oct 1, 2011

Enroll now to receive.

I"ll patiently wait for the results. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by pinniped
Terms of the promotion? I don't buy that I can just click something and get 25,000 HH points because Amex likes me.
+1
Definitely won't turn m down if they want to give m to me but it seems they'd expect at least something in return. Guess we'll find out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.