Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Properties in the Caribbean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2001, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Location: Los Altos, CA -- UA 1P / Priority Club Platinum Ambassador / Hyatt GP Platinum / Avis Presidents Club

I'm trying to arrange a first anniversary stay with my wife in the Caribbean, using Rewards if possible. I'm shooting for May 27 - 31. I attempted the Jalousie Hilton in St Lucia but they claim to have no award rooms, although they do have general availability. Anyone have any hints on how to finagle a reward stay? I have an Hhonors Gold card, although my statement says I'm only Silver (gotta straighten that one out!). Suggestions for other nice resorts in the Caribbean? What about the best place to book a room if I'm going to need to pay?

Thanks much for the help!

Bill
Old Mar 11, 2001, 7:58 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Jalousie Hilton is supposed to be the best. Considering going there soon.
Old Mar 11, 2001, 8:46 am

If St Lucia is your preference Sandals is terrific, especially if you get one of the hillside rooms with a private plunge pool. Its all inclusive but the food is much beter than the standard all inclusive.
Old Mar 13, 2001, 7:44 am

I was able to stay at St Lucia when it first became a Hilton. Unfortunately, it has been imposiblt for me to book an award since then. Ten months in advance, six months, two months or two weeks - they "have no award rooms". This is a nice resort. Very isolated. However, as with many Hilton properties, it is very difficult to redeem an award.
Old Mar 13, 2001, 11:23 am

Diamond Desk will make it happen. If you are not Diamond, try calling the hotel directly.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2001, 10:28 am

Suggestions for other nice resorts in the Caribbean? What about the best place to book a room if I'm going to need to pay?

Thanks much for the help!

Bill[/B]
If you are still looking for a Caribbean resort, you may be interested to learn that the Sandy Lane resort in Barbados (www.sandylane.com) re-opened over the weekend after being completely rebuilt over the last few years. The 1000-acre 5* property now sports 3 Tom Fazio golf courses and a state-of-the-art spa. Clearly aimed at the "up-market" crowd rates range between US $1,000 - $5,000 per night. Another popular west coast resort a few miles north of Sandy Lane is the all-inclusive Almond Beach Village (www.almondresorts.com). Rates there range between US $500 - $1,600 per night. Right next door to Almond is the Port St. Charles Resort/Marina (www.marinabarbados.com) with rates ranging between US $180 - $1,085 per night. These are three execellent properties but there are also loads of others (www.barbados2000.com)much more affordable available. Unfortunately, work has not started on the re-construction of the Barbados Hilton which was demolished a few years ago to make way for a bigger/better hotel.

Old Dec 30, 2001, 7:32 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Need advice for Caribbean Hilton

Does anyone out there have any experiences or advice on a couple of Hilton locations in the Caribbean?

I can't get to St. Lucia during Spring Break (at least not on FF miles), so I'm trying to decide between Nassau and Tobago. My short analysis is that Nassau is closer without the connections, but Tobago is only 100,000 per room for 6 nights.

We're taking our young daughters with us around Easter. They're experienced Vacation Stationers from Waikaloa Village, Hawaiian Village and San Diego Mission Bay resorts.

Thanks, in advance.
Old Dec 31, 2001, 9:15 am

I have been to cancun a few times and loved it. You now have a couple of choices there now (Hilton and Camino Real - both great places to stay). The water is blue the sand is white the corona's are cold. Lots to do there. St Lucia, nice hotel, not much to do for kids. Cancan, price would be much cheaper than the islands. The ff mile to get to mexico are the same as the islands. I have been to the bahamas a few times, - not as nice as the hotels in cancun, hilton wise. You could also come to my hometown Key West, - great hilton, always fun during spring break
Old Jan 5, 2002, 9:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bahamas Hilton is very nice, did a property review, just do a search.

In terms of a great property and lots to do (for everyone) IMO the Hilton Carribe in San Juan Puerto Rico is tops!!!
Old Mar 3, 2002, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta Platnium
Caribbean Hiltons

Can anyone recommend a good Hilton resort in the Caribbean?

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2002, 1:33 pm

How about the best Hilton worldwide!

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=SLUHITW
Old Mar 4, 2002, 9:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
How about the best Hilton worldwide!
</font>
I don't like being stuck at a resort, so IMO the Jalousie Hilton Resort & Spa St Lucia is not the best.

The Hilton Caribe in San Juan PR is my fave Caribbean hotel due to the multitude of other activities in and around the San Juan area.
Old Mar 4, 2002, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I also like the Hilton Caribe in San Juan, PR very much, but it's definitely not a resort and very much an urban environment. So if you're looking to get away from it all, there are probably better spots. However, if you're looking to combine city life w/ the sea, it's a good bet. tls
Old Mar 4, 2002, 5:11 pm

Thanks Galla -

I have a couple additional questions -

1. I'm thinking of booking the Hilton in St. Lucia for my honeymoon, but the only room they have is Smoking. I hate smoking rooms, but if the windows are open it is usually ok. In May, how often do you leave the windows open in St. Lucia?

2. I'm diamond, what is the policy on upgrading?

3. Are there any other non-hilton properties on the island worth looking at?

4. If we get tired of being away, are there any nearby towns worth looking at and how far are they?

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2002, 6:29 pm

Welcome to FT malikows!

If you do a search in the Hilton Section, you will find most of the answers to your questions as there are many posts on ST. Lucia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.