Search

Virgin Miles to Hilton Points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club, Hilton Honors
Virgin Miles to Hilton Points

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but a search did not reveal this question, so...

I want to convert 125,000 Virgin Flying Club miles to Hilton Honors points. The Hilton website states the conversion is 1:2 (10,000 airmiles will become 20,000 points).

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...esforpoints.do

The above is the link to this.

However, having phoned Virgin and Hilton, they are both claiming it's a 1:1 conversion.

Am I missing something or would you expect Virgin/Hilton to honour this? (or honor it perhaps!)

Thanks to anybody who can help.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
A lot of us changed our preference to Virgin for the second qtr triple mile promotion; there are a couple long threads on this. It was my understaning ratio is 1:1 but you will us very happy if you can show it is 1:2; 6000 points per a stay would be fantastic.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I wrote to Hilton recently to query this as the 1:2 ratio is clearly stated on their website. I just received a very formulaic standard response that completely ignored the issue and stated that the redemption ratio is 1:1. Very sloppy customer service.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
It's 1:1 on the Virgin site and that's where one transfers the points. I once transferred 35K VS Miles and got 35K Hilton Points. No fee, however. It's a free transfer.

Spock Seat
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club, Hilton Honors
Received an answer from Hilton but it's like talking with HAL from 2001.
This is what they said:

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care. I do apologize for any discrepancies or, confusion however, the exchange ratio of Virgin Atlantic Airline miles to Hilton HHonors points is 1:1 ratio.

Virgin Atlantic Airways MILES may be transferred in increments of 5000 MILES for 5,000 HHonors Points, with a minimum of 5,000 Virgin Atlantic Airways MILES.

Should member have 125,000 Virgin Atlantic Airways MILES available to transfer.

Member may transfer 125,000 Virgin Atlantic Airways MILES

125,000 HHonors points will be added from this transfer.

Please know that this transfer can take 30 business days to process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.