Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Official Hilton Honors Q1-More Nights More Points FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:43 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Offer details: HHonors members will earn Double Points for stays of 2 consecutive nights, Triple Points for stays of 3 consecutive nights, Quadruple Points for stays of 4 nights or more.

Offer Period: January 03, 2011 – March 31, 2011

-Members must register for the offer at: www.hhonors.com/more

-All eligible stays will count towards the Q1 promo regardless of booking date or check-in/check-out date of the stay.

-Offer is not targeted

-Double/Triple/Quadruple points will not count towards tier status. They are counted as bonus points vs. base points.

-Double/Triple/Quadruple points can be earned on reward stays as long as there are incidentals.

-Member may participate in any of the airline promos and other Hilton HHonors Q1 promotions simultaneously.

-Select Third party rates do not count towards the offer.

-The hotels that are listed as non participating, are the only properties that members will not receive promotional credit for. All other properties worldwide are participating. While we would like all hotels to participate, individual properties do retain the right to opt-out of most promotions based on their anticipated need for promotional support for that quarter.

Last edited by Hilton Honors Ambassador; Dec 30, 2010 at 9:17 am
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
A couple FAQs carried over from the other thread:

- It seems this is said above, but just confirming. Many people have stays booked checking in Jan. 2. So the nights in that stay from Jan 3rd onward would be elgible even though check-in was on the 2nd? Might want to clarify by saying all eligible nights qualify regardless of booking date or check in/out date of the stay.

- If you registered prior to Jan 3rd for those who picked up on the promotion page earlier, as long as you got the registration confirmation response, you are registered and don't need to register again on Jan 3rd?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmodemd
A couple FAQs carried over from the other thread:

- It seems this is said above, but just confirming. Many people have stays booked checking in Jan. 2. So the nights in that stay from Jan 3rd onward would be elgible even though check-in was on the 2nd? Might want to clarify by saying all eligible nights qualify regardless of booking date or check in/out date of the stay.

- If you registered prior to Jan 3rd for those who picked up on the promotion page earlier, as long as you got the registration confirmation response, you are registered and don't need to register again on Jan 3rd?
Thank you for the feedback dmodemd!! I updated the verbiage as suggested.

If you register prior to Jan/3rd, you are registered for the offer and do not need to do it again.

Thanks again!

HHonorsRepresentative
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Offer details: HHonors members will earn Double Points for stays of 2 consecutive nights, Triple Points for stays of 3 consecutive nights, Quadruple Points for stays of 4 nights or more.

Offer Period: January 03, 2011 – March 31, 2011

-Members must register for the offer at: www.hhonors.com/more

-All eligible stays will count towards the Q1 promo regardless of booking date or check-in/check-out date of the stay.

-Offer is not targeted

-Double/Triple/Quadruple points will not count towards tier status. They are counted as bonus points vs. base points.

-Double/Triple/Quadruple points can be earned on reward stays as long as there are incidentals.

-Member may participate in any of the airline promos and other Hilton HHonors Q1 promotions simultaneously.

-Select Third party rates do not count towards the offer.

-The hotels that are listed as non participating, are the only properties that members will not receive promotional credit for. All other properties worldwide are participating. While we would like all hotels to participate, individual properties do retain the right to opt-out of most promotions based on their anticipated need for promotional support for that quarter.
Thanks for a lousy Q1 bonus program. Way to run long term Diamonds off.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
Lousy may be a bit strong - I would like to offer my thanks to hhonnorsrepresentative for coming here and presenting the program.

I would definitely say its somewhat disappointing - especially compared to the major promo for 1Q 2010. That promo was a really great way to recover from the massive point devaluation that took place. I suppose this may be the 'new normal'.

I'm sort of for rolling with it for the moment while I see what the other operators are doing. Remember it could be a lot worse. I seem to recall that most of 2008-9 was almost exclusively a time of targeted promos that seemed to always pass-over existing Diamonds - a most frustrating time.

Honnorsrepresentative - if you are able to carry feedback I would advise some caution though. Marriott is looking a lot more appealing with Megabonus starting in Feb and IHG's promo spigot is coming back on despite their brand revamp. Hilton doesn't look so good for 2011 comparatively.

Last edited by pmaddock; Dec 30, 2010 at 10:55 am
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Thanks for the post HHonorsRepresentative. Can a property change their mind and choose to opt-in at this point?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Lousy may be a bit strong - I would like to offer my thanks to hhonnorsrepresentative for coming here and presenting the program.

I would definitely say its somewhat disappointing - especially compared to the major promo for 1Q 2010. That promo was a really great way to recover from the massive point devaluation that took place. I suppose this may be the 'new normal'.

I'm sort of for rolling with it for the moment while I see what the other operators are doing. Remember it could be a lot worse. I seem to recall that most of 2008-9 was almost exclusively a time of targeted promos that seemed to always pass-over existing Diamonds - a most frustrating time.

Honnorsrepresentative - if you are able to carry feedback I would advise some caution though. Marriott is looking a lot more appealing with Megabonus starting in Feb and IHG's promo spigot is coming back on despite their brand revamp. Hilton doesn't look so good for 2011 comparatively.
Hi pmaddock,

We do monitor the site and appreciate the feedback. I will pass your thoughts along to our Customer Marketing team for review.

Wishing you a happy and safe New Year!!

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi pmaddock,

We do monitor the site and appreciate the feedback. I will pass your thoughts along to our Customer Marketing team for review.

Wishing you a happy and safe New Year!!

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
You can add my DH feedback that as one who makes diamond on nights and spend and usually spends 3-4 days in one hotel- he appreciates this promo.

I did not see clarity though on whether a Jan 2 checkin will then generate triple points for the Jan 3-6 part of the 4 night stay.

thank you
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jan_az
You can add my DH feedback that as one who makes diamond on nights and spend and usually spends 3-4 days in one hotel- he appreciates this promo.

I did not see clarity though on whether a Jan 2 checkin will then generate triple points for the Jan 3-6 part of the 4 night stay.

thank you
Hello jan_az,

As long as you register prior to check in, you will receive credit for the entire stay.

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
To each their own... For me this promo totally rocks and is a long time in coming. I have been mattress hopping the past year between Hyatt and Hilton since both have been running nights-based promos and am pretty sick of it. Its about time there are better stay-based promos. I stay weekly at Hilton 4 nights so this is about optimal for me.

For this coming year I am leaning towards staying at Homewood Suites since my wife will be with me most of the time and she needs the kitchen. This puts Hyatt way on the back burner unless they come up with some incredible promo. The Hyatt Place I usually stay at loves me and even offered to put in a microwave and provide some plates when I stay. I have a favorite room and they keep it available to me all the time. They do everything they possibly can for me so I do miss them. My Homewood is close on that regard but not all the staff aren't always on top of things and I sometimes don't even get my preferred top floor (out of 3 total).

I think the best solution may be a choice promo (like Hyatt does with points vs free nights) but with a nights based or stay based option!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
Thanks for the post HHonorsRepresentative. Can a property change their mind and choose to opt-in at this point?
Hello MayorMcKnife,

While I hesitate to use the term “change their mind,” in very rare circumstances some properties may have extenuating circumstances that present themselves after participation has been confirmed. With appropriate approvals, those hotels are permitted to opt-out after the promotion has launched. With that said, all reservations that occur prior to a mid-campaign change will count for the promotion. Additionally, the hotel is quickly added to the list of non-participating hotels and we will also send an email to all registered HHonors members with an upcoming stay at the property that opted out letting the members know this property is no longer participating.

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
HHR, thanks for your posts here as always. Appreciate that you will pass your feedback to the marketing team. I am another diamond slightly disappointed with this offer, but regardless appreciate your posts and offering to be a channel of communication.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Overall this is pretty decent. A lot of it comes down to your travel patterns. With Hilton I normally stay three nights. So it is pretty good for me, depending on the city I may go for the fourth night. Since usually I do a SPG at the airport Thursday night.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
A weak promo IMO. Not only are most of my trips only one night, but I sometimes bump my stay count by switching hotels during a trip. Not crazy stuff, but I'll switch to an airport hotel for the last night of multi-night trip, for example. It is often more convenient for an early flight, it makes it easier to requalify for Diamond based on stays, and it fit well with prior promos that were also based on stays. Those factors will probably still be most important. I don't see me extending a stay at a particular hotel just for this promo.

Then again, if occupancies and average rates are up Hilton may see less need for generous promos to encourage incremental traffic. We'll see.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Any chance this thread can be regularly purged of extraneous commentary not pertaining to the clarification of the terms of the promo?

(If the answer is yes, I won't be disappointed to find this post deleted as well, since it ironically qualifies as extraneous.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.