Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH Points Credit for Reward Stay Incidentals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, Hertz Pres Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Gold

I believe I saw a thread for this previously, but couldn't find.

Is there any policy on this? I just completed 2 reward stays; 1 night San Diego and 7 nights Anaheim. In San Diego, I got HH points and Q3 double points credit for my incidentals. No points from Anaheim. Haven't yet complained; but seems like you should get points for the money you spend even if not for room charges.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
See #15.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rual_of_points
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, Hertz Pres Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Thanks. Looks like they owe me some points!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CTflyer51
Thanks. Looks like they owe me some points!
yes they do....if they refuse to give you the points then just send a pm to hhonorsrepresentative here on ft....she should be able to sort this out for you....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Depends on what you mean by incidentals and the property as well.

If you are considering gift shop purchases incidentals you might not be entitled to the points.

I have stayed at the HGI in NYC TS north and on both paid and reward stays have gotten poitns on their gift shop purchases (they don't have a pantry there though I think it's a privately ran operation) and their bar/restaraunt which I also believed is priveatley ran.

I have stayed at the LV hilton before and have made purchases and charged them to my room from the gift shop and from the deli and didn't get points and was told that at that property those purchases didn't earn points (but I still got the 9 pts/$ on my surpass am ex).

If it was something like phone or internet charges you should receive the points though.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Also, bear in mind that Hampton and Homewood stays are room rate only (incidentals specifically excluded), although you do get the My Way points for waiving the cookies/water on award stays.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
is this still the case? So If I went on a points & cash award stay to a Hilton property. Charged say £100 for drinks and dinner to the room folio, should I be getting points for that (the drink & food, not the cash element of the p&c stay)?

Below from the linked document suggests it, but doesn't mention p&c specifically, just reward stays;

"Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays or hotel stays redeemed with a Marketing Partner's discount/free certificate (e.g. frequent flyer award or travel award), unless otherwise stated on the certificate. But if a Member is using Room Upgrade Rewards, any money spent on the original reservation will earn points consistent with these Terms. Members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®, and the Waldorf Astoria hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during hotel stays redeemed with a Marketing Partner's discount/free certificate unless otherwise stated on the certificate. For purposes of counting stays and nights for Elite tier qualification (as explained below), Reward Stays will count towards the number of overall stays and nights."
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
is this still the case? So If I went on a points & cash award stay to a Hilton property. Charged say £100 for drinks and dinner to the room folio, should I be getting points for that (the drink & food, not the cash element of the p&c stay)?

Below from the linked document suggests it, but doesn't mention p&c specifically, just reward stays;

"Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays or hotel stays redeemed with a Marketing Partner's discount/free certificate (e.g. frequent flyer award or travel award), unless otherwise stated on the certificate. But if a Member is using Room Upgrade Rewards, any money spent on the original reservation will earn points consistent with these Terms. Members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®, and the Waldorf Astoria hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during hotel stays redeemed with a Marketing Partner's discount/free certificate unless otherwise stated on the certificate. For purposes of counting stays and nights for Elite tier qualification (as explained below), Reward Stays will count towards the number of overall stays and nights."
Yes, you should get points for incidentals for P&C stays. FYI, P&C stays ARE reward stays. Any stay using points or certificates is a reward stay.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes - incidentals on points + cash stays earn base points (plus any applicable promotion bonus, elite points and points + points option).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I booked a stay through an online travel agent (Zuji) and had some room service charges. I understand that I won't receive points for my room rate, but I should receive points for the room service?

However reading the T&C, it implies that since mine is not an eligible stay, I may not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.