Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Free internet for GOLD and DIAMOND members now a fact!

Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle

Well, the speculation is over. I just got an email from Hilton confirming that Diamonds will now automatically get free internet starting September 1st :-)

I'm pleased with this development, to the point I might let my BW diamond status lapse and give my full loyalty to Hilton :-)
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
discussed here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...w-benefit.html
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
For Gold as well as Diamond, per the email I got

Hilton Worldwide is pleased to announce that beginning September 1, 2010, all Gold and Diamond HHonors members will receive complimentary high-speed internet access during their stay at all 3,600 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum; Southwest A-list; BW Diamond; Hilton Gold; CO Silver; Hertz President's circle
Hi Kingalien,

Yes, I did search and I did see that thread, but as it remained speculative until page 4, I thought that a separate thread was justified for casual readers. Apologies for the duplication!

Cheers,

Paul.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Diamond and gold!!!! Just got the email. ^^^ to Hilton on this one.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I didn't get the email yet but this is great news.

Only concern now is if the people that had their myway set for free internet will now change it to upgrade/breakfast and it will mean upgrades will be even harder to get.

This will be really nice in properties like ES.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, Hilton. Just got the email.

Why they did not do this years ago is beyond me. Internet service costs almost nothing.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Only concern now is if the people that had their myway set for free internet will now change it to upgrade/breakfast and it will mean upgrades will be even harder to get.

Hi James,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but it is worse than you fear: the email confirms that myway preference will AUTOMATICALLY change to upgrade/breakfast.

Personally, I don't care- free breakfast and internet is A-OK, but I can see why this would irritate you if upgrades matter to you.

HTH,

Paul.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Yeah UG's will be tougher. So be it. More reason for Golds to aspire to Diamond (I'm trying!)

Many thanks to HHonors for making internet free worldwide across all brands and extending it to Golds. Very awesome upgrade to the program. ^^^
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Here's the email

Exciting News About Your HHonors Benefits

Hilton Worldwide is pleased to announce that beginning September 1, 2010, all Gold and Diamond HHonors members will receive complimentary high-speed internet access during their stay at all 3,600 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.

As a Diamond member, you don't have to do anything except enjoy your complimentary high speed internet at all your future stays with Hilton Worldwide.

We hope you enjoy your free high-speed internet access.

Thank you for your loyalty,
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
As a Gold, I got the email also. Wow, now Hilton is starting to catch up with ma and pa's motel and fishbait stand where wi-fi is free for everyone.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CALimey

Hi James,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but it is worse than you fear: the email confirms that myway preference will AUTOMATICALLY change to upgrade/breakfast.

Personally, I don't care- free breakfast and internet is A-OK, but I can see why this would irritate you if upgrades matter to you.

HTH,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I agree the breakfast is great along with the EL access and in all honesty while upgrades are nice, if I get a corner room I am usually happy.

But I am concerned about lounges being even more crowded. With Hilton being so generous with diamond status now and I am sure families using NOR-1 isn't helping, the lounges at the properties I stay have been really crowded lately. I remember up till about 5 years ago, gold used to get lounge access even if they weren't on an exec floor like diamonds still do.

I just hope hilton doesn't take away the Lounge access for diamonds like they did golds. Or try justifying by saying they gave all diamonds free internet. I would rather have the lounge access than the internet myself.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Yeah UG's will be tougher. So be it. More reason for Golds to aspire to Diamond (I'm trying!)

Many thanks to HHonors for making internet free worldwide across all brands and extending it to Golds. Very awesome upgrade to the program. ^^^

Let's just hope they don't eliminate lounge access for diamonds who don't get upgraded.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
As a Gold, I got the email also. Wow, now Hilton is starting to catch up with ma and pa's motel and fishbait stand where wi-fi is free for everyone.

No kidding.. Internet is available all over the freaking planet these days, yet hotels still think it's some big luxury item.

Kudos to Hilton for finally moving up in the world.

Now... if they would just give us Diamonds free parking at airport and downtown Hilton properties...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
Now... if they would just give us Diamonds free parking at airport and downtown Hilton properties...
THat would be reason enough to do mattress runs to stay diamond Problem is a lot of hilton properties downtown don't own the parking garages. And at some airports the cities won't allow you to keep your car in the lot for park and flys. I was told by a couple different hotel chains at DTW that with a park and fly I could only leave my car there the nights I was at the hotel. The city has this absurd parking tax for airport parking and there is some rule that you can't keep your car parked at a hotel lot while you are gone. City wants their tax $.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.