Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Survey - Rebranding..?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Hertz Survey - Rebranding..?

Hi All,

Just got a note through my mail a few minutes ago for a very extensive survey for Hertz... supposedly targeted at UK #1 Gold members... Had a chance to point out a few problems with the Hertz brand etc (i.e. rubbish treatment of regular renters and old decrepit cars), but, the interesting thing was that it seems the real point of the survey was to trial out a new corporate logo/branding for hertz.

I do have the logo saved, but, suspect it shouldn't be shared (even if they didn't cover the website with disclaimers saying don't do that) - but, at least the logo I got to see was black text on a yellow rectangle (with a single sloping side) with a snazzy font.... I wonder if they're going to actually fix any of the underlying problems with Hertz service or just go for an expensive rebranding whilst they lay of thousands of staff

The thing that interested me about the survey (technically) was that in the middle it actually had an interactive session with a real human... quite unique in a survey and must have been expensive for Hertz to commission something more than a 'click and rate X things'

The email I got;
As a valued Hertz #1 Club Gold member, your opinions are important to us. You are among a select group of individuals who have been chosen to participate in a brief survey about your rental experiences at Hertz. We have commissioned iModerate, an independent market research firm, to conduct this research on our behalf.
So, anyone else get to see the survey, does anyone care if they rebrand? They were lucky I filled it in - no free points or anything for taking the time to do it!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My concern with Hertz in the UK is that there are less than about 10 Gold rental locations in the UK. London Airports, Southampton airport, Manchester airport and central london locations seem to be the only locations where Gold Service is offered.

Dave
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices
So, anyone else get to see the survey, does anyone care if they rebrand? They were lucky I filled it in - no free points or anything for taking the time to do it!
I got it, and went to try and complete it just now, only to get a "We are sorry but this survey is no longer available." message . I know the cover e-mail said that they would be grateful if I could complete it "today", but did they honestly expect an instant response??
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I got one yesterday, so I log in and it says:

"You have entered an Invalid Password. Please re-enter your password."

And yes, I tried to cut and copy the URL, I even looked to see if there were any spaces or %20's in the URL that didn't belong. No go.

That's why I left Hertz 11 months ago and haven't looked back. They can't even get a simple customer survey right!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:31 am

Just took this (here in the US)... and I did have to manually copy the password from the e-mail invitation (there was a space in the URL so it didn't automatically get sent). Anyway, as stated earlier, it's really all about their new logo (which isn't so different from their previous logo, but seems like a reasonable 'refresh' to me). The survey took a lot longer than I expected... guess I was thinking 5-10min and this took more like 25-30 for me. What really stretched it out was the 'live interview' portion (facilitated by a service called 'imoderate') where someone is asking you questions about the new logo (or at least it seemed like a real person - i guess it could have been a well-designed bot). I was hoping for some kind of thank-you discount code at the end for giving them all that time, but I didn't get anything (maybe something will come in e-mail).

Anyway, I've had reasonably good experiences with Hertz and I wish them well with their new logo, but it won't make me use them unless they bring their rates in the SF Bay Area down in line with the other rental companies.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:14 am

Here's the new logo:

http://www.imoderate.com/clients/6071/CellCLogo.jpg?

(until they take it down, at least)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
I got it, and went to try and complete it just now, only to get a "We are sorry but this survey is no longer available." message . I know the cover e-mail said that they would be grateful if I could complete it "today", but did they honestly expect an instant response??
The headline on mine said:
Hertz #1 Club Gold UK Members -- Your Feedback is Important to Us

I am a PC, and thought they were after feedback info on the various rentals over the last three weeks - as per the header requesting feedback, I clicked the links and got the same response - referring to a survey and no longer available. The cover email did not say anything about survey, and in any event I am surprised that you have to respond within hours to be accepted. I do hope that somebody at Hertz takes note of this rather foolish approach. They will get a rather biased response on this basis and they are paying some firm to run a shoddy service. My email purports to come from
Frank Camacho
Staff Vice President, Marketing, US Rent A Car
The Hertz Corporation
so I hope he gets to read what is being posted here.

Edit: Out of curiosity i just went back to the email and clicked again. It now took me to a survey, not a feedback. Amongst the info they requested (every single piece of which is in my profile - hello Hertz are you listening!!) was "Do you have a drivers licence?" (hello hello?? is there anybody there at Hertz that sees what goes out in their own name)

Of all the stupid things, talk about poorly targeted. They have all the info that they ask for in my profile, and what takes the biscuit is when they ask me where I live I get thrown out as they say I am not from the area that they are seeking responses from.... HERTZ ARE YOU LISTENING??? THIS IS WHERE YOU KNOW I LIVE.

Last edited by antichef; Feb 5, 2009 at 1:21 pm
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Oh, mine had an extra ~ and a space in the URL. Leave it to the consumer to figure that out.

After taking the survey I have this to say:

1. The image alone is dull.
2. The image in use isn't bad.
3. The image doesn't change my lackluster view of Hertz.

Talk about pi$$ poor way to solicit feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.