Wiki Posts
Search

Average lowest cost CDP?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2006, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM, Marriott P
Average lowest cost CDP?

I've rented at multiple locations and have always checked using a number of CDPs to cover my employment / association -- this includes; HP, Dept of Defense (retired military), AARP, AAA etc. I always thought the lowest was the military which seemed to be pretty true for many locations, but in MCO, BOS, PHL, BWI - a couple of my recent destinations I've found that actually my work CDP from HP nets a lower rate. (Although I also found out that you don't earn any Hertz #1 Awards with this rate).

Can anyone else offer their comparison - what have you found to give you the lowest rate?

Thanks.

...always shopping.....
Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
USAA has been working very well for me lately. Ameniti has had a couple of surprise hits in high-cost markets (e.g., 2-day rentals at Seattle where the cheapest possible rental at all was a Prestige car with the Ameniti code).

AAA, Costco, Entertainment, and all of the various airline CDP codes seem to yield about the same thing. Usually 10% off.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
In my recent experience (nothing within the last few weeks though): USAA pretty top notch for midweek dailies when the prices are otherwise ridiculous. On weekends/weeklies, though, AAA and USAA are often the same, or sometimes AAA is less. Travel Partner still works better for some things. And even with these generalizations, it can vary by class. Example with the midweek dailies (2-3 day rentals): for B or C, I think Travel Partner was better, but for F USAA was better. All this stuff can vary by station as well. Most of my rentals are from right here at PIT.

I used to try Costco, Entertainment, Citi, Chase, etc. at times, but these at best equal the other three. Never had one of those actually beat the others that I can recall. I haven't been testing Ameniti too much, although it doesn't seem to do much for smaller classes.

No CDP appears to ever be the 100% guaranteed all the time lowest rate even from the same location.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CrazyOne
I haven't been testing Ameniti too much, although it doesn't seem to do much for smaller classes.
I like it when Seattle is otherwise sold out of a bunch of the small cars. You can book a Prestige car with it for about $70/day. For anything other than Prestige, Ameniti functions just like any other of "normal" CDP's - 10% off and the like...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I typically use the Travel Partner CDP -- if it isn't the lowest, it is close, and unless I have lots of time on my hand it is easier to take the 20% discount and run.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM, Marriott P
Originally Posted by CrazyOne
In my recent experience (nothing within the last few weeks though): USAA pretty top notch for midweek dailies when the prices are otherwise ridiculous. On weekends/weeklies, though, AAA and USAA are often the same, or sometimes AAA is less. Travel Partner still works better for some things. And even with these generalizations, it can vary by class. Example with the midweek dailies (2-3 day rentals): for B or C, I think Travel Partner was better, but for F USAA was better. All this stuff can vary by station as well. Most of my rentals are from right here at PIT.

I used to try Costco, Entertainment, Citi, Chase, etc. at times, but these at best equal the other three. Never had one of those actually beat the others that I can recall. I haven't been testing Ameniti too much, although it doesn't seem to do much for smaller classes.

No CDP appears to ever be the 100% guaranteed all the time lowest rate even from the same location.
Excellent - I have USAA for my life, house and auto insurance and for whatever reason, have never thought of using their CDP for Hertz! I'll have to gie that a try and let you know!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.