Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Gold Plus Points Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
On a positive side - some new redemptions became available, e.g. 3-day weekend or 1-day specialty vehicle.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
was in hopes that the dream cars would be bookable with points
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by dmitri
On a positive side - some new redemptions became available, e.g. 3-day weekend or 1-day specialty vehicle.
Wasn't the three day weekend an option before? I seem to remember booking that before.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:10 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by thehoax
Wasn't the three day weekend an option before? I seem to remember booking that before.
Nope there wasn't.. You had to book a Fri-Sat and a Sat-Mon and then call in on Friday to roll it.. I did it as recently as last weekend.. Im happy with this 3 day option.. reduces me the headache..
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simz
Nope there wasn't.. You had to book a Fri-Sat and a Sat-Mon and then call in on Friday to roll it.. I did it as recently as last weekend.. Im happy with this 3 day option.. reduces me the headache..
Yeah, and it's fewer points. Like I wanted a 3-day weekend minivan rental and that used to be 3000 points for 4 days. Now that rental is 3300 points. But now you can rent it for only 3 weekend days for 2475 points. That option did not previously exist. As I'm guessing there are more folks who want 3-day "specialty" weekend rentals than want 4-day "specialty" weekend rentals, in this category, we're actually better off. Weird, but true. I've never previously benefited from a travel "devaluation"!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I just started looking at booking an Adrenaline collection car for the summer, last year I got one for two weeks for 9000 points, I was shocked to find this would now cost 16,500!!
A pretty terrible devaluation, I'm surprised I missed this last year when it happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.