Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Toyota Prius Two Review/Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:53 am
Original Poster

2012 Toyota Prius Two Review/Ride Report

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...ota-prius-two/

Had a Prius from this summer, forgot to post the review but had some free time thanks to Sandy.

ICAH
51/48

It's slightly better than the previous generation Prius. But I'd rather rent a Ford CMAX. Don't hate me, legions of diehard Prius fans!

Last edited by drzoidberg; Oct 30, 2012 at 11:59 am
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Rented one for a road trip two years ago, and it was ok. Fuel economy was ok, but not as advertised. Doing 70 through the mountains might have had something to do with that though.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinMD
Rented one for a road trip two years ago, and it was ok. Fuel economy was ok, but not as advertised. Doing 70 through the mountains might have had something to do with that though.
Wow, how did you manage to do a road trip in the Prius' seats? I thought they were uncomfortable and poorly cushioned, and I just drove it around town.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Wow, how did you manage to do a road trip in the Prius' seats? I thought they were uncomfortable and poorly cushioned, and I just drove it around town.
Wasn't that bad, though I was in my 20's at the time. Now I prefer leather seats that can be heated. Does wonders for a back on a long drive.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Drzoidberg, if I put the back seats down do you think I could fit a pair of skis in a Prius? Just got assigned one of these and although I'm not there yet, I'm trying to figure out what would work

-J.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Drzoidberg, if I put the back seats down do you think I could fit a pair of skis in a Prius? Just got assigned one of these and although I'm not there yet, I'm trying to figure out what would work

-J.
Hmm, I think you could fit them although it would depend on your ski length.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hmm, I think you could fit them although it would depend on your ski length.
I took the Prius since Gold Choice blew and I'm just hoping they fit... if they don't I'll run back to the airport and do a swap for something larger, but I don't think I'll have to.

I just drove 150 miles or so to Wyoming and back, and like you I averaged much closer to 40mpg, although I also averaged around 80-85 mph. I swore I'd never drive one of these again (there was a 2008 one of these as a Zipcar at my old school) and now I have a '13 for a weekend -- yippee

-J.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I took the Prius since Gold Choice blew and I'm just hoping they fit... if they don't I'll run back to the airport and do a swap for something larger, but I don't think I'll have to.

I just drove 150 miles or so to Wyoming and back, and like you I averaged much closer to 40mpg, although I also averaged around 80-85 mph. I swore I'd never drive one of these again (there was a 2008 one of these as a Zipcar at my old school) and now I have a '13 for a weekend -- yippee

-J.
According to this post, you can fit 170s in the Prius. HTH. Otherwise people seem to recommend getting roof racks (not sure if allowed to mount those on a rental).

http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/toyo...ota-prius.html
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

According to this post, you can fit 170s in the Prius. HTH. Otherwise people seem to recommend getting roof racks (not sure if allowed to mount those on a rental).

http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/toyo...ota-prius.html
Well the skis fit fine -- think I got 160s

Anyway, just as a a brief update to the OP, not much (anything?) has changed for 2013. My Prius doesn't have auto headlamps (although they do turn off when I shut off and lock the car) but it is painted in the Blizzard Pearl (which is an extra $395, not sure why Hertz got that ). It also has a cargo cover ^ MSRP is $25,390 with the paint. I hit 3k miles on it earlier today, so pretty new too.

Also came with the previous renter's invoice -- he definitely isn't a FT member with how much he paid!

Note to future renters of the Prius: don't go skiing with it if you need to drive *up* into the mountains... the Prius doesn't like doing that kind of thing.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.