Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mercedes AMG Experience @PBI - Awesome Weekend!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: True Blue, Hertz #1 Club, Marriott Rewards

I reserved an E63 weeks ago only to get a Carfirmation when I landed indicating a C63 was waiting for me in stall 7. I figured the E must be out. The C63 is a nice ride but the E is a very different animal.

Ready to load up. Will the bike case fit?

Folding seats came in handy...

Wait a minute, I see the beast bing prepped on the horizon. Apparently the previous renter was late.

We'll have it ready for you in a few minutes. Ok I'll wait.

I hit the road shortly thereafter. The only problem with this car is it encourages bad boy/girl behavior

While driving to Naples on I75 saw a rainbow. Must be an omen.

Drove back via Tamiami trail. Traffic was light. Need to pass, no problem. Make sure the coast is clear and hit it

Back to the Condo Canyons of Ft Lauderdale and I95 traffic

After 3 wonderful days, I had to give it back fully fueled and washed.

A couple of the other cars waiting to tempt another car nut.

The Porsche was there when I came in and still there when I returned. It must be the weird styling. I have zero interest either. I'll hold out for the Carrera.

Hertz needs to get these cars in major high-end markets: JFK, LAX, SFO, ORD etc...

Au revoir until next time.

Last edited by blue-max; Oct 24, 2012 at 8:35 am
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Looks like you had fun I wouldn't have been happy if I was given a C63 on an E63 reservation. Are they the same price?

Would you happen to know what Hertz codes the E63 as? I've been hoping to get this on the fleet list for a while.

Also (I know this is a bit OT but...)... is that a 2013 Malibu in the last photo?

-J.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Looks like you had fun I wouldn't have been happy if I was given a C63 on an E63 reservation. Are they the same price?

Would you happen to know what Hertz codes the E63 as? I've been hoping to get this on the fleet list for a while.

Also (I know this is a bit OT but...)... is that a 2013 Malibu in the last photo?

-J.
Nice ride report! You had to wash it too?

jzweighaft, you should come over to National, tons of '13 Malibus and other '13 cars in the fleet.

I'd like to add this to the Ride Report index; what is the classification?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by drzoidberg

jzweighaft, you should come over to National, tons of '13 Malibus and other '13 cars in the fleet.

Not my report (in my dreams!)

I would really like to jump to National except: 1) USAA won't get me out of the underage fee (and I've yet to find a legitimate way out of it), and 2) I always hear terrible things about their SLC location, whereas Hertz treats me well. Maybe if one of these AMGs shows up here in Utah they'll let me take it for a spin

Do any other companies besides Hertz have these?

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Premier 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Please bring the E63 to SFO. That car looks amazing. Unfortunate you cannot use points for it.

How much does it run?

I am flying to MIA at the end of October, and then will be driving from MIA to PBI. Maybe I will have to make a reservation when I reach PBI.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by janisw08
Please bring the E63 to SFO. That car looks amazing. Unfortunate you cannot use points for it.

How much does it run?

I am flying to MIA at the end of October, and then will be driving from MIA to PBI. Maybe I will have to make a reservation when I reach PBI.
FWIW I believe this and other specialty cars (e.g., Hertz SuperCars) are available at MIA. I don't think you can do one-ways with them but since they are available at both MIA and PBI you may want to ask if they need one at the other location

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

How much does it run?

Expect to pay $250+ per day.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Expect to pay $250+ per day.
Shut up and take my money!

Is the LDW per diem charge then increased for these types of cars?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Smile

-J.
E63 - LSAR

C63 PSAR

There is a $62 price diff between C & E class. Both have 70 free miles. +.41c thereafter. I easily drove 450 miles over the 3 days.

Sorry, I did not even notice any other cars
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

How much does it run?

The cars are available at all 3 major South East Florida airports. MIA, FLL, PBI.

I definitely recommend the all the insurance they offer CDW LDW etc...:-:
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Shut up and take my money!

Is the LDW per diem charge then increased for these types of cars?
LDW runs $59.99 per day.
Base price (on www.mbusa.com) is $89,500++

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Oct 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm Reason: added base price
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 pm

-J.

Yeah, Enterprise has generally newer cars in its fleet here in DSM. Wanted to try the new '13 Malibu (which they had!!) but ended up in a 35,000+ mile 2011 Mazda6. Thank God I was able to have that upgraded to a nice '13 Taurus.

But I digress. Awesome choice OP! I can't wait till I am eligible and not to mention able to afford one of those twin-turbo'd über execs.

How's the gas mileage on your watch?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:03 am

Thank god they don't put hertz stickers on the windows
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Just wondering did it have NL instAlled in it? I don't understand why hertz put NL in cars that already have GPS
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Originally Posted by fyaric
Thank god they don't put hertz stickers on the windows
....but how soon do these super-cars show-up for sale at the hertz used car site?????......should i keep checking hertzcarsales.com?????????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.