Ride Report - 2012 Toyota Rav4 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Ride Report - 2012 Toyota Rav4 2.5L

2012 Toyota Rav4 2.5L

Q4
22/28

Ride/Handling: A smooth driving small SUV, relatively fun and comfortable to drive. A bit of lean in the corners, but feels extremely stable and rides smoothly on straight-line cruising. Brakes are OK...just sufficient but not confidence-inspiring. Seems to get poor fuel economy on the highway when changing speeds a lot, but excellent economy when the cruise control is set at 75 (which seemed to give 28/29 mpg).

Interior: Somewhat basically equipped, with dark taupe cloth (no heated seats, and fabric seems cheap). The wiper/cruise control/turn signal stalks were typical of Toyota product, nothing unexpected there. Center gauges showed outside temp and trip odometer. Two front cupholders, with aux-in and usb-in connections adjacent. The audio system had integrated bluetooth capability (cant link it with my phone yet...), and bluetooth steering wheel controls. Two easy to access DC outlets up front. Sound system was pretty decent - with good bass and generally clear audio.

Etc
A/C system is lacking. It takes a loooong time (10+ minutes) for the a/c to blow really cold, that's with temps around 111 here. My own car blows ice cold within a minute. That makes a pretty huge difference here in Arizona - I expect better airCon performance from an almost brand-new vehicle.

Summary
PROS:
  • Fuel economy (on cruise)
  • All wheel drive
  • Stability
  • Audio inputs + bluetooth controls

CONS:
  • Initial acceleration lacking
  • Mediocre a/c performance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.