Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Fiat Pop/Sport Ride Report/Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

2012 Fiat Pop/Sport Ride Report/Review

I rented a Fiat 500 Pop from Hertz, then the following week, a Fiat 500 Sport from National, and combined both reviews together here.

http://carrentingreviews.com/2012/02...500-pop_sport/

Last edited by drzoidberg; Mar 2, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Great report as always. I'm sort of surprised it's a C and not a B since it really is smaller than the other vehicles in its class (maybe it could be a YB?). I really hope I get the chance to take one of these out sometime. Would you recommend it for lots of highway driving? My next trip will probably involve that and I'm inclined to book something a little larger for comfort and speed, but 30mpg on average is pretty good.

BTW, in the 7th photo from the top... is that a Corvette behind it? Looks like the 500 is taller!

-J.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Great report as always. I'm sort of surprised it's a C and not a B since it really is smaller than the other vehicles in its class (maybe it could be a YB?). I really hope I get the chance to take one of these out sometime. Would you recommend it for lots of highway driving? My next trip will probably involve that and I'm inclined to book something a little larger for comfort and speed, but 30mpg on average is pretty good.

BTW, in the 7th photo from the top... is that a Corvette behind it? Looks like the 500 is taller!

-J.
Yup, it's a C- checked my receipt last night.

I wouldn't recommend it for highway driving, because the seating position is uncomfortable, due to the steering wheel not telescoping. Also, the engine isn't exactly the best suited for highway driving.

Good eye, it is indeed a Corvette.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Feb 3, 2012 at 12:31 am
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
I have to agree with you about the grin factor, I've had my 500 for nearly three years now and it still brings a smile to my face. Brilliant city car.
I've never had a problem with the seating position, I'm a tad over six foot tall and am very comfortable in it.
Great review.

Spike
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jzweighaft

-J.
The 'vette is extremely low-slung (waist height) and the 500 does tower over it, and some older Japanese compacts (i.e. my old Mirage).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.