Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Performance Trim, Ride Report/Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I have a few more Hertz Ride Reports on the way, we're a little backlogged at the moment.

http://carrentingreviews.com/2012/01...lac-cts-sedan/

Last edited by drzoidberg; Mar 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I thought the key fobs were interesting. The '12 vette I got in SLC had the same thing (but with a Corvette logo) The new CTS does look really nice though.

And those photos... if it weren't for the NeverLost, I would have thought they were stock. Incredible.

-J.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks jzweighaft!

So your vette had proximity keyless entry too?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Thanks jzweighaft!

So your vette had proximity keyless entry too?
Yep. Keys stayed in my pocket the entire time. I should write one of these reports about it. I do think I would have been perfectly happy with your CTS though. My grandparents have an '07 CTS and that's always a pleasure to drive; I can only imagine the sport package being more fun. Did it sound smooth? My grandparents' one has a really nice sounding hum.

Too bad in 2 weeks the most I can justify affording is a Corolla

-J.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the CTS sounded great! I'm sure your Vette sounded better though
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
We just got done renting the Cadillac SRX out of Atlanta. We had the 3.6 with 4500k miles on it with the panoramic sunroof that took up all the front and almost all of the back seat so our 14 month old had a blast looking straight up seeing the sky. The SRX had a heated steering wheel, heated but not cooled seats, massive 7 inch navi screen the auto transmission that can instantly turn into a manual with a flip of your wrist which turned your now really fun trip into a very exciting trip. The brakes were kind of mushy so hopefully Cadillac can figure that our for next year. We had a key fob that as we got near the car the doors would unlock automatically and we didn't have to put it into the ignition.

I'll be flying into West Palm Beach here in late April for a week and I'll be renting the SRX again with my 18 month old. I hope I get a similarly loaded SRX. I am assuming this SRX would run pretty close to 50k if not a tad higher as there is only one edition higher than the model we drove.

After our 1800 mile, five day trip, my back didn't hurt, wife was happy and my little buddie, Oscar was thrilled as can be. Nice work Hertz!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
I drove one of these in Honolulu. they gave it to me at the Reef and I had one way to airport. I don't think I've ever driven anything as comfortable. A bit too quiet for my liking actually. I prefer driving to be more involving, so I rate the Infiniti M37 they gave me in NY higher, but still i enjoyed the Caddy, hope to get one again.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:20 am
Original Poster

The CTS wasn't as sporty as I thought it'd be, at the least, thought the steering would be a bit more engaging.

Did I miss a "sport mode" toggle button?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.