Wiki Posts
Search

The $5000/day rate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
The $5000/day rate

Not sure how much one should trust Hertz and their IT systems?

Currently my Compact class weekend reservation @ IAD shows

Code:
4 days at 4999.99 USD     19,999.96 USD
Taxes & fees               2,002.51 USD
Total Approximate Charge  22,002.55 USD
Do anyone have a good coupon/PC to bring down the rental cost?

I have an email confirmation showing $16/day, but when I called reservation they said that the only solution would be for them to rebook it at current $24/day. Unacceptable! I had them to connect me with web support and they basically said they could do the same $24/day rate. Cool? NO!!! If that wasn't good, they said that I should print out my reservation and bring it with me.

I have spent too much time on the phone to try to sort things out, and it seems that Hertz either is not capable to help me and fix it, or doesn't want to take ownership of this issue.

We'll see what happens tomorrow if this thing/glitch is solved or not, or if I will get a notification that Amex couldn't approve the hold on my card.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:37 pm

First off, lol. Second, if you have time shoot an email at customer service instead of reservations, they'll likely sort it out by Friday hopefully. Or maybe call them?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Interestingly when I log in now and check my reservation, my rate has dropped from $5,000/day to $23/day. Still not my original $16/day.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:10 pm

Looks like a number conversion error from a European format 19,99 to US format 19.99
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:44 pm

There web staff really has been slacking. On the reservations screen it still lists "Fun Collection" as a part of the search options, but on none of the subsequent pages. I mean, who see's the front page, but still...

Good observation jfranci3. Although weird that it would still insert the post decimal as 99 instead of 00.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:03 am

It could also indicate that Herz is expanding its Rent2Buy program, complete with painted garage floors, signs with the one eyed yellow elf, and less upgrades for elites. Consider yourself a test candidate!

Last edited by tbassny; Dec 8, 2011 at 11:09 am
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by heffa
I have an email confirmation showing $16/day,
So why does anything else matter then ?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:47 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Exclamation Cool...

I's pay $ to see the look on your CFO/Comptrollers face when you turn in that expense report (-;

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.