Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Seeking best rate for 7/17-7/18 Orange County

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Associate, Hawaiian Elite

I need to travel from Orange County to Palo Alto to pickup my son from summer camp. Last time I took advantage of Hertz free tank of gas promotion. I need to be there friday the 18th and will drive back down same day. Trip is approximately 450 miles each way. Looking for best 1 or 2 day deal, doesn't have to be Hertz. Need unlimited mileage and decent gas mileage for this haul. Pickup is noon on Friday, so I plan on either early morning departure or night before and spend the night.
Thanks for any help. I have tried orbitz etc, and am finding around $35 a day for economy, seeing if any better is available.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
If you pickup after noon on Thursday you can get weekend rate.

Do you have to pick up at SNA or can you pick up at an HLE? Here is a quote from the anahiem HLE. Economy with the travel partners CDP and PC 121365 ($35 off 3 day weekend rental), pickup noon thursday, return noon sunday is $38.46 all-in. I'd say it would be hard to beat that.

As far as decent mileage, just ask she you get there. Throw $1.50-2 extra a day at them after they offer you a car if you don't like the gas mileage and try to get something with good mileage.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Associate, Hawaiian Elite
That is hard to beat, I can pickup at mission viejo HLE no problem. I'll just have to find the travel partners CDP, thank you for the help
Old Jul 13, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Sorry I don't know what the TP CDP is off the top of my head - it is loaded into my profile.

A search ought to work well.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
If you can get a Toyota Corolla, that gets decent mileage. I got 35mpg with a recent 09 Corolla rental driving on mountain roads, 70-75 mpg freeway & some city driving. If the speed is kept down to 65 and being mostly freeway, one could get 38-40mpg.

I don't care for Kia's as I never get decent mileage for the relative size of their cars. I get decent mileage with the 2007 Malibu's. Old body style but the 4 cyl is very good on gas for being a larger size car.

Travel partners CDP is 706900.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.