Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Addtional Fee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2005, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Additional Fee

If you already haven't heard. Rental car companys will start adding an addtional charge to your rental if the Rental Car is returned dirty. Meaning if your kids or your boss decides to rip open that bag of popcorn and toss it all over the inside of the rental car and you return it that way you will see a fee for clean up. As this is legal, it's another fair way to make money. So how dirty does it have to be before you see this fee (could be $50) my answer to you is if it wasn't there when you picked up the car. Take it with you when you return.

Last edited by TheHertzGuy; Nov 23, 2005 at 8:06 am
Old Nov 23, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Does this mean I may expect a clean car when I pick up? Somehow, I dont think so.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Wow, I just assumed that would be the case if I ever returned a car dirty. I'd also never expect a car that wasn't clean, unless there were extenuating circumstances. Honestly, doesn't seem like that big a deal. I can only see it mattering if I were unexpectedly rushing to the airport, but even so, I throw out the trash while I fill the tank. If I didn't have time to do either, I'd fully expect to get dinged.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
sounds good to me -- i highly doubt that this is intended to be assessed on a coke can and a newspaper left in the vehicle, but rather cars that are trashed... gum in the carpets, coffee spilled everywhere, etc... this is the right way to operate- rather than raising costs for everyone to pay for some people who make bad choices, keep base cost low and assess a fee to cover costs directly caused by certain renters.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Guy, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5 Star, Hair Club for Men Plutonium
Originally Posted by TheHertzGuy
If you already haven't heard. Rental car companys will start adding an addtional charge to your rental if the Rental Car is returned dirty. Meaning if your kids or your boss decides to rip open that bag of popcorn and toss it all over the inside of the rental car and you return it that way you will see a fee for clean up. As this is legal, it's another fair way to make money. So how dirty does it have to be before you see this fee (could be $50) my answer to you is if it wasn't there when you picked up the car. Take it with you when you return.

They need to put trash cans around the check-in area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.