Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Airport Concession Recovery?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Then I'll just take my chances in the future and list my pickup around an hour or so after I land.

Pass-through or not, if I can avoid the obscene taxes charged to tourists, particularly in MCO, I will.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:02 pm

First post here, and yes the name says it all....

Airport Taxes/Concession Fees, etc are a fact of life where I work. We have a Airport Authority that oversees the airport. If you wish to rent from our location you have to pay the added fee no matter what. Not even a option not to pay it.

Heck I work for a Hertz Licensee location and still have to pay it myself...
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:09 pm

Hotel Concession Recovery fee....is just the same "tax"

Hotel Concession Recover fee is a "tax" also but usually helped covers the cost of a free Lincoln or Cadillac to the General Manager or Hotel owner for being allowed to have a rental desk at the hotel/resort. This is not talked about and kept hush hush but you can find an old Wall Street Journal/NYT article about the practice.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reser...ES&EOAG=PDXS12

Airport Concession Fee Recovery (ACFR) - This fee is to reimburse Hertz for concession fees paid to the airport (hotel or train station) for each rental.

CA Tourism Fee - Car rental companies are required by law to pay monthly assessments to the California Travel and Tourism Commission on revenue generated at either airport or hotel rental locations. This fee has been calculated to recover such assessment on an applicable rental basis.

Commission Fee Recovery (CFR) - This fee is to reimburse Hertz for concession/commission fees paid to the airport (hotel, train station, base or agent) for each rental.

Customer Facility Charge / Facility and Operation Fee - The Airport requires that all car rental companies collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for new car rental facilities.

Domestic Security Fee - The State of New Jersey enacted a Domestic Security Fee for a maximum of 28 days. This fee is effective on all motor vehicle rentals in the state of New Jersey. All car rental companies are required to collect and remit this fee to the State.

Energy Surcharge - The costs of energy needed to support our business operations have escalated considerably. To offset the increasing costs of utilities, bus fuel, oil and grease, etc., Hertz is separately imposing an Energy Surcharge.

Hotel Concession Fee Recovery (HCFR) - This fee is to reimburse Hertz for concession fees paid to the hotel for each rental.

Rental Contract Fee - The Airport requires that all vehicle rental companies collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for vehicle rental facilities.

Rental Surcharge - Rental surcharges vary by location. Depending on applicable law, they may be either mandatory or permitted fees. More details can be provided at the rental counter at time of rent.

Transportation Fee - The city requires that all car rental companies collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for airport services. This fee is mandated by the airport.

Vehicle Licensing Cost Recovery - This fee is for Hertz' recovery of the proportionate amount of vehicle registration, licensing and related fees applicable to a rental.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:44 pm

Avis: no itemization of Airport Concession Recovery Fee

Just got off the phone with Avis challenging a rental bill that came in higher than the reservation estimate. They were nice enough to credit me the difference. But the issue was the Airport Concession Recovery Fee of 11.11% on a rental with a base rate of $118 and put on the bill as $25.09. That's a fee of about 25%. Avis rep could not define what fees, taxes, and charges the ACRF was based on, and said Avis had no info online where I could read about it. So the mystery is not that the ACRF, but what is actually lumped into the total that it is based on. Seems like the customer is paying a fee on fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.