Wiki Posts
Search

F->YF is a chargeable upgrade for PC?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CA *G | UA *S | Marriott Ti | GHA Black
F->YF is a chargeable upgrade for PC?

I was offered a 14 Dodge Charger over a F reservation when I pick up a car in Downtown Toronto. The agent told me there will be a 10$ charge for upgrade, as I was in a hurry I agreed. But when I close the rental, I noticed it's a YF which I believe was included in PC's free upgrade policy. I called Hertz CS and amazingly they told it's a specialty car so it is excluded from the PC free upgrades. And the charge looks normal to them. Now I am confused...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
That is craziness you should be entitled to the upgrade for free, and it is a weak upgrade IMO... F-YF is the barebone upgrade, I think F-G should be the standard PC upgrade...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CA *G | UA *S | Marriott Ti | GHA Black
Originally Posted by SKYEG
That is craziness you should be entitled to the upgrade for free, and it is a weak upgrade IMO... F-YF is the barebone upgrade, I think F-G should be the standard PC upgrade...
I thought the same. But I barely find anything written anywhere to defend against Hertz CS..
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:29 pm

HUCA; or talk to the agent upon return; it is supposed to be F-G but a lot of stations stock a lot of YF's or F6's which they consider is an upgrade which is just hogwash!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some of the 2014 marketing materials out there state that C->F is the maximum upgrade for Presidents Circle members. I don't think there's been resolution, but obviously you can try to use what's out there to your advantage, although they never mention anything about the specialty vehicles, so good luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.