Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz kills Visa Infinite CDP outside Europe, recalculates existing bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

New Visa Infinite benefit terms say it is now available only in Europe (without specifying any effective to date):

20% discount at participating European Hertz locations

However, Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the same page still reflect old rules:

Discount is off Hertz’s publicly available retail rates (excluding Special Offers) at time of booking at participating Hertz locations worldwide

However, the most awkward thing here is that they recalculated already existing advance reservations in USA/LATAM with CDP#769985 under new terms to not include any discount (even happens with prepaid bookings).

I can't even open my exidsting reservation at PIT anymore with below error:

Rate Code - We are not able to find any rate that meets the criteria you've requested. Most likely this is caused by a request for an offer that isn't available for the location, time and vehicle chosen. If you are attempting to redeem an offer, please check the terms and conditions and modify your request. DE138

Other people can open theirs, but see new (much higher) prices.

No email alerts were sent by Hertz at all.

UPD: Sent an email to Presidents Circle Support. Got a call back, they said the rate is no longer valid and they see new rate on my booking (almost x3 higher). Forwarded them original booking confirmation. Was told that they will honor that rate for a Presidents Circle member, but have no way to do it in the system, so they will put a note on the reservation and I would need to see a Gold Counter (instead of just driving off the Ultimate Choice lot) who will look at the notes and adjust the rate. If any issues, was told to just get a car and send them a receipt on return and they will adjust.

Check your reservations with Visa Infinite CDP and call Hertz ASAP to avoid a surprise during pickup!
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:41 am

Thanks for the DP

Btw in case anyone is wondering, the current US visa infinite code is 2150933 (Source: https://www.hertz.com/visainfinite)
The discounts are definitely not as good as 769985, but what can you do

If you have Amex Plat, you can use
633306 which gives the same discounts as 769985, you obviously need to use your Amex Plat and present it at the counter if asked.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Thanks for the DP

Btw in case anyone is wondering, the current US visa infinite code is 2150933 (Source: https://www.hertz.com/visainfinite)
The discounts are definitely not as good as 769985, but what can you do

If you have Amex Plat, you can use
633306 which gives the same discounts as 769985, you obviously need to use your Amex Plat and present it at the counter if asked.
I have an AMEX Platinum and have used the CDP but I have never been asked for the card, even if I use something like my Chase Sapphire Preferred (because of the primary insurance).
Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by chipspb
New Visa Infinite benefit terms say it is now available only in Europe (without specifying any effective to date):

20% discount at participating European Hertz locations

However, Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the same page still reflect old rules:

Discount is off Hertz’s publicly available retail rates (excluding Special Offers) at time of booking at participating Hertz locations worldwide

However, the most awkward thing here is that they recalculated already existing advance reservations in USA/LATAM with CDP#769985 under new terms to not include any discount (even happens with prepaid bookings).

I can't even open my exidsting reservation at PIT anymore with below error:

Rate Code - We are not able to find any rate that meets the criteria you've requested. Most likely this is caused by a request for an offer that isn't available for the location, time and vehicle chosen. If you are attempting to redeem an offer, please check the terms and conditions and modify your request. DE138

Other people can open theirs, but see new (much higher) prices.

No email alerts were sent by Hertz at all.

UPD: Sent an email to Presidents Circle Support. Got a call back, they said the rate is no longer valid and they see new rate on my booking (almost x3 higher). Forwarded them original booking confirmation. Was told that they will honor that rate for a Presidents Circle member, but have no way to do it in the system, so they will put a note on the reservation and I would need to see a Gold Counter (instead of just driving off the Ultimate Choice lot) who will look at the notes and adjust the rate. If any issues, was told to just get a car and send them a receipt on return and they will adjust.

Check your reservations with Visa Infinite CDP and call Hertz ASAP to avoid a surprise during pickup!
There Hertz CDP (769985) you mentioned seems to be for Visa Infinite/Signature Cardholders (source). I do not know what rates the discontinued CDP offered, but 769985 is live again and seems to offer pretty good rates at the moment (and beats the newer Infinite CDP 2150933 at least for the few reservations I checked). It also appears to be valid for both Infinite and Signature card holders (because it uses the word Signature). But it does appear to be for EMEA customers only (at least based on the source link re upgrade to Five Star status which has a pull down that only shows EMEA countries). How did you discover the removal of this CDP for people in the US? The Hertz site just shows the code as Visa Infinite & Signature when put into the website.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Dec 13, 2023 at 4:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.