Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience of Hertz in Tahiti?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Any experience of Hertz in Tahiti?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Hertz there? Picking up at PPT airport.

Its a strange site, that they run as a local site, the main hertz site shows no cars available, as do all third party websites (in fact for any car company) and Avis and Hertz both seem to run local sites, showing cars as available.

http://www.hertz-tahiti.com/

No space to enter gold number (entered in the comments section)

The did ask for CDP but it basically said, enter it, and we'll figure out the cost later and let you know.

The other item is ferry crossing insurance

Maritime Insurance Moorea

Rental vehicles are authorized to be driven on the island of Moorea. The Maritime Insurance Moorea option covers you for damage suffered to the vehicle on the boat during the channel crossing. If something happens during the crossing, you are exonerated from all contractual responsibility concerning the vehicle (under reserve of the General Rental Conditions, Article 5.)
I am planning on taking the boat over, but $15 is a chunk for a 20 minute crossing.

Has anyone taken the ferry and think its important?

Overall this already feels like one of the more "hertz by name only" operations around, and I'd like to hear anything if anyone has any uptodate experiences there!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aceman
.....No space to enter gold number (entered in the comments section)....
Why bother. You won't earn Gold Plus Reward points and no status upgrade. There is no Gold counter either.

.....Overall this already feels like one of the more "hertz by name only" operations around.....
Because it is Hertz by name only.

No experience with ferry but I was overcharged by mileage.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:37 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Hertz there? Picking up at PPT airport.

Its a strange site, that they run as a local site, the main hertz site shows no cars available, as do all third party websites (in fact for any car company) and Avis and Hertz both seem to run local sites, showing cars as available.

http://www.hertz-tahiti.com/

No space to enter gold number (entered in the comments section)

The did ask for CDP but it basically said, enter it, and we'll figure out the cost later and let you know.

The other item is ferry crossing insurance

I am planning on taking the boat over, but $15 is a chunk for a 20 minute crossing.

Has anyone taken the ferry and think its important?

Overall this already feels like one of the more "hertz by name only" operations around, and I'd like to hear anything if anyone has any uptodate experiences there!
I was able to pull up rates just fine at Hertz.com for 8/16-8/17. What dates are you looking at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.