Wiki Posts
Search

So what does Gold actually do for me?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

So what does Gold actually do for me?

Hi guys,

I received through a #1 Club Gold membership card. I've read the blurb but was wondering what sort of difference having this is actually going to make in practice to my rentals?

I notice the key benefit is the fact the car is ready for you and you just walk up to the canopy and go. Now with my last rental I asked the rental clerk for a Mustang, and he found me one. It strikes me that had I used the gold service I'd not have been able to do this.

Is it worth using?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:28 pm

You can always go back to the Gold desk and ask for a different car.

It is well worth it. It will save you time from having to stand in line and having to listen to the speech that they are required to give you about optional services.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you don't like the car in your spot, you can ask for another one at the gold counter, which will probably have a much shorter line.

The benefits are you stroll up at gold locations, get into your car and drive away. It takes less time to do then it does to type.

At non gold locations your paperwork process is usually much quicker.

If the offer you have is to pay to become a member, google

hertz free gold

and you will find many ways to get it for free.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:49 pm

Another benefit is when you rent the vehicle, if you use your ZE 1 points instead of airline miles you can start to accure free rental days. It just all depends on how often you rent.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:01 pm

If you log in before reserving, you can select ZE1 points even as a regular #1 Club member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.