Search

Dent on the car

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2001, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Cattle Class
Dent on the car

Hi all,

my hertz rental got hit by another car while my car was parked in a supermarket parking lot. I've got the offender's driver's license #, insurance company, policy number, her name, and even her home phone.

It's golf ball size dent, and my company's policy includes the LDW. I haven't called hertz to report this incident yet. my peers told me the LDW will kick in later and I don't need to report anything....I doubt it though....any ideas on what are the official procedures for filing a minor accident like this?

thanks
Old Aug 22, 2001, 8:13 am
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Wait until you return the car and then give them all the information (be sure to keep a copy yourself). If you want to be super safe (probably not needed in this case) take a picture of the car showing the damage.

Good luck,

------------------
Sagy
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:02 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
In my previous experience with two relatively minor "incidents" with rental cars similar to yours, you will file the report with Hertz when you return it and never hear anything about it again, likely because I don't think the rental car companies bother with such things really and they are just taken care of during the regular process when the car is disposed of by the rental car company.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 2:22 pm

I had a one car accident in Switerzland last year. Hertz hit me with every conceivalbe thing, including loss of use of the car. It was about $1,200.

I sent the bill to Diners and I never heard about it again. I'm a true believer in their primary collision coverage. If they only provided secondary coverage, I would have paid the thing myself. My insurance company would have amortized the claim in higher payments in no time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.