Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

No cars Available at FLL even for president circle?!?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC

On my Way to Fort Lauderdale today for a family member thats in grave condition.

I checked both online and called the gold desk. No cars are available of any class this afternoon or evening.

I'm a PC. I thought they guaranteed ability to book a car. And what do they guarantee?

Is something going on in FLL this week? Now checking other car companies but seem soldout too.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhunt
On my Way to Fort Lauderdale today for a family member thats in grave condition...........I'm a PC. I thought they guaranteed ability to book a car. And what do they guarante.....
Confirmed vehicle availability of Standard Equipment Economy through Full-Size 4 door vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with a minimum 48 hour advance reservation.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...esidentsCircle
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you change your plane ticket to fly into a nearby airport that has cars? [You might be able to cancel if it's within 24 hours except for AA, with DL giving you to midnight the day after purchase.] Or can you take a taxi to some city rental location to get a car upon arrival?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by bhunt
On my Way to Fort Lauderdale today for a family member thats in grave condition.

I checked both online and called the gold desk. No cars are available of any class this afternoon or evening.

I'm a PC. I thought they guaranteed ability to book a car. And what do they guarantee?

Is something going on in FLL this week? Now checking other car companies but seem soldout too.
How long do you need the car for? I'm seeing availability across the board (Hertz and other vendors) for a weeklong rental starting today at 5PM. Not seeing it for a one-day rental with Hertz, but am seeing it for Avis, National, etc.

Note that they aren't cheap, something like $100/day.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC
Headed to Port Saint Lucia. Booked at the HLE up there. Another family member coming down to FLL airport to get me and take me up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.