Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz confirms upgrade policy change for Golds and Platinums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I've been Hertz Platinum for several years, paying $1200/year for guaranteed upgrades and curbside service. At first I got some really nice cars: Infiniti, Volvo, Mercedes. Then I stopped getting the Prestige cars but still usually got a Cadillac. For the last few rentals, I've been given a Buick Lacrosse every time. I finally called Hertz Platinum CS (which closes at 3:45pm Pacific Time, what's up with that?) and they confirmed there has been a policy change to stop giving any better upgrades than that to Platinums. They also said the upgrade policy for Golds had changed, but I didn't ask for details.

Having suspected this was the case, I requested to terminate my Platinum membership and get a pro-rated refund. The curbside service is nice but it was really the upgrades I was paying for.

QL
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
I recently overheard some Hertz employees behind the counter commenting on the Platinum program -- something along the lines of "why on earth would anyone pay all that money for such a thing". I can only guess that they were talking about the policy changes and were sure there were going to be membership cancellations.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
There is no news here!
Vehicles above Luxury (I) have always been beyond the official scope of the Platinum program.
That is not to say that some locations go above and beyond that on a regular basis, e.g. Prestige or other specialty (but not DREAM) vehicles.
What is frustrating with the program is the inconsistent application of upgrades or lack thereof.
Suggest the OP look at the free upgrades thread to validate this point, plus myriad threads on "Is Platinum Worth It?".

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 1, 2015 at 10:26 am Reason: added thread link
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Didn't even know they had an upgrade policy for Golds. I've never been upgraded - always got the car group I reserved.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Didn't even know they had an upgrade policy for Golds. I've never been upgraded - always got the car group I reserved.
I basically never got any upgrades either, though the one time they gave me a cadillac when i reserved a premium is something i still remember..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.