Search

Convertible LAS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
Convertible LAS

Hi There,

Quick one for those who are more informed than I am.

I believe most convertibles in the fleet now are either Camaros or Mustangs? I'm arriving into LAS next week and there is a convertible in group U (shown as a Chrysler 200) showing for significantly less than a convertible in group W (shown as a Mustang guaranteed model). The price difference is €320 for the week...

I know that if I book the group U car, then I run the risk of being disappointed but are all Chrysler 200s now gone from the fleet? I'd be happy to take the risk if there are so few 200s around...

I see no reason for paying much more to get the same model - unless I'm missing something obvious??

Also, would booking the more expensive group W car open up more upgrade possibilities? (Paid upgrades)

Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
This question has been asked countless times in recent weeks. Indeed, it is the most recent discussion in the post about the US fleet. See here .

The answer is yes, there is only the very odd Chrysler 200 left, so your chances of getting one are very slim indeed. You will almost certainly get a Camaro RS (the V6 one) or a Mustang.

Chances of upgrade on a convertible reservation are slim, as Hertz will assume that you want a convertible. So unless you get lucky and they give you a Camaro SS, you're likely to get a Group W car. (The Merc SLK is a strict 2 seater, which is a problem for a lot of people so that is not an obvious upgrade that they would apply without asking).

Last edited by Red Scorpion; Apr 14, 2015 at 12:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.