Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big mess up at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Big mess up at MCO

been in line for 45 minutes as a gold member...no name on the board
Very few cars in the lot and tons of pissed off people in line...including me!
Do I have any repercussions if they don't have a car for me? Specifically the minivan I reserved?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Late at night, Spring Break, in Mouseville. Kind of a recipe for them to be sold out. I've gotten screwed over at MCO in the past, had to take some crappy economy car as that's all they had. Sometimes it's wise to have backup reservations.

If worse comes to worst, try to make them promise you the car you need in the morning.

Good luck, amigo.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:06 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Hertz LE is you friend in Orlando.
Hertz at the Airport Marriott or if you are doing Disney, there are a few in Lake Buena Vista.
Add to that, if you have the car for a week you usually save $100-$200.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Milage Plan
...well, did they have your minivan?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Thursday night in MCO, worst Hertz experience I ever had. Arrived 10:10 PM for my Gold Reservation, name on board with asterisks. I finally was able to leave to drive home after midnight, 12:30, didn't arrive home until almost 2 AM thanks to Hertz MCO.
They tried to tell me I could not even speak to a manager despite asking 5 times after multiple waits at both Gold booth and inside counter. When I asked for the name of the Manager on duty I was told that was private!

When I returned to try to get missing contract the Gold booth strangely became a vacant ghost town.

Eventually I got a manager who with significant effort was able to resolve a system problem and get me a car.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:39 pm

all you guys with these kind of complaints really need to make a point to do the online survey on your receipt, and believe it or not, complain on their twitter feed and facebook page

local management prefers to keep complaints in house, and so few people ever want to be bothered doing any of that
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HoratioXXXXblower
all you guys with these kind of complaints really need to make a point to do the online survey on your receipt, and believe it or not, complain on their twitter feed and facebook page

local management prefers to keep complaints in house, and so few people ever want to be bothered doing any of that
Forget Facebook. All they will do is delete the post. That's what they did to me.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Forget Facebook. All they will do is delete the post. That's what they did to me.
haha...really?
I have to admit I have little facebook experience --- I just lumped that in with twitter, as I do know twitter complaints can wind them up.
maybe hertz has just got to the point of deleting everything instead of addressing it.
apparently, they're having a few issues with the stock price.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:37 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by HoratioXXXXblower
haha...really?
I have to admit I have little facebook experience --- I just lumped that in with twitter, as I do know twitter complaints can wind them up.
maybe hertz has just got to the point of deleting everything instead of addressing it.
apparently, they're having a few issues with the stock price.
If you post on their facebook page, they can delete the post. If you post on your page, make it public, and tag them, they can't.

If you post at them on twitter, they can't delete it, *and* anyone searching for hertz and any tags you use can see it.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:21 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Do I have any repercussions if they don't have a car for me? Specifically the minivan I reserved?
I was there on 4/3, and they screwed up everybody's car then, too.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
So after waiting in the gold line for a little over 2 hours, the "manager" Zac (one of the most smug and non caring people I've ever seen) tells me, sorry, but no minivans...other places have them I'd suggest you go there!

Really? I've been standing here for 2 hours and that's what you tell me? You couldn't have announced that 2 hours ago to the entire line that if you HAVE to have what you reserved you need to go elsewhere?

So, now at 3:15 AM off I go to try and find something else...I wind up at "E-Z" rental car who graciously matches my rate for a 15 passenger van! He knows I'm headed 2 hours to Sarasota and tells me that they have a place in tampa and I should call up there and see if I can swap it for a minivan the next day...said usually during the day they have them as does the MCO location. So I leave and realize I am WAY too tired to drive this floating bus 2 plus hours, so I pull over and get a room at the Hyatt place...crash with my family for a few hours. Wake up and call...presto, they have a minivan. Back I go at 10 AM and swap out the 15 passenger van for a minivan and head back to get my family.

Hertz, on my way home calls my wife (who had left a voicemail on their local answering machine) and tells her that if I want to come back they "think" they will have a minivan for me during the day...no guarantees. Gee, thanks.

So here's my question...does Hertz owe me anything for this? Will writing or calling produce any benefit? IMHO, they owe me at least the 3,000 points I would have gotten for the rental, and I think if they want to keep this long time President's circle member happy they should cough up for the hotel room...I'm guessing that is a LONG shot as I gave them no business on this trip. Thoughts and advice on how to handle this moving forward would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:49 am

My experience with getting issues resolved at MCO is pretty much nothing gets resolved. I've run across a few foot soldiers in the Gold Booth that have been very helpful, but as soon as you have to deal with Management its a different story all together, thats if you even have an opportunity to deal with them (They usually hide in the back office and let the front people play go between). IMO I think they owe you something but I doubt you will ever collect.

If you have a paper trail email someone at elliot.org he seems to have a group of people that get pretty good results, at least thats what you read anyways..
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm getting ready to write a letter to the powers that be at Hertz...any suggestion on where I should send the letter?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:20 pm

I'm getting ready to write a letter to the powers that be at Hertz...any suggestion on where I should send the letter?
kind of depends ---- writing the guy who runs orlando might get you some bit of compensation, like a rental certificate, or whatever, but the complaint is buried.
if everyone in your situation wrote to nat'l hq you might enact some change and maybe exact some small vengeance, so you'd be basically casting your vote on that.

of course, no reason you can't write both.

i think one of the problems you might have is that you have no actual rental on record for them to reference, which is why you get locked out of the online survey process.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Will take some research, but this process worked VERY well with a Comcast problem a few years ago. Emails sent Monday morning. 5 techs and managers at our house Tuesday fixing the problem.

http://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/ho...l-carpet-bomb/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.