Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has a Hertz employee given you a ride back to the terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold

I was surprised when a Hertz return agent checked the car back in and offered me a ride back to the terminal. It was at ATL so it was a meaningful offer since it meant avoiding the 15-20 min tram ride back to the terminal. The lady said that they have been doing this "valet service" for a couple months which was a surprise to me since I have rented 4x in the last couple months at ATL and never got this offer. Not sure if this was because it was during the day as opposed to 5pm on Thurs or Fri when they have a ton of cars being returned.

Curious to know if any of you have gotten this "valet service," at what airport, and what time?

ATL @ 11:36am on a Wednesday
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Once at EWR in May 2013. About 2 PM. The agent giving me the receipt asked if we were flying out and said don't take your luggage out of the car, we'll give you a ride to the terminal. The one and only time Hertz has ever offered.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:57 pm

yeah, it's a thing they rolled out -- probably started at different times at different airports
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HoratioXXXXblower
yeah, it's a thing they rolled out -- probably started at different times at different airports
Did you get an email on this or read this somewhere?

I'm fascinated that Hertz would invest in this type of service (which is nice) but yet still rent older cars (which is not nice). For example, I just returned a Mazda 3 with 63k miles on it today.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, United,Virgin and AA
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Once at EWR in May 2013. About 2 PM. The agent giving me the receipt asked if we were flying out and said don't take your luggage out of the car, we'll give you a ride to the terminal. The one and only time Hertz has ever offered.
Same for me too .Nov 2012 at 6pm at night
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Last week (7/23/14 about 12noon) at ORD - we had 7 people in a 7 passenger van - tons of luggage. At the return the person checking us in under the canopy said he would drive us in that same van so we wouldn't have to unload all the passengers and luggage. We actually declined since we had started to unload and with the Hertz employee being the 8th person, there was really no where for someone to sit.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Really. I haven't rented Hertz in a while. If they really have this Chairman as Avis is looking even more worthless.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Platinum receives a drive back to terminal as a benefit.
OP's experience is not unique. Multiple threads on this topic over the years, including this from 2011 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...pping-off.html
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Platinum receives a drive back to terminal as a benefit.
OP's experience is not unique. Multiple threads on this topic over the years, including this from 2011 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...pping-off.html
I'm not familiar with Hertz having a Platinum level?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by sweeper20
I'm not familiar with Hertz having a Platinum level?
oh yeah, they got plats

used to be that was invite only as a celeb who might promote hertz, or key figure in some large business that would throw hertz substantial revenue.
in the process of scrounging dollars since hertz went public I believe they've put these titles up for sale.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...Conditions.jsp

here we go

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...numService.jsp
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by HoratioXXXXblower
oh yeah, they got plats

used to be that was invite only as a celeb who might promote hertz, or key figure in some large business that would throw hertz substantial revenue.
in the process of scrounging dollars since hertz went public I believe they've put these titles up for sale.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...Conditions.jsp
Thanks! Learn something new everyday!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Happened to me just last week, at ORD, i was a little late for my flight. Has also happened when i was travelling with the family (bags, car seats, etc) and my wife was really impressed that we didn't have to schlep everything onto the bus.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Happened to me the last 2x I was at ORD with my wife and child in her car seat. Both were Sunday afternoon/evening returns. Don't think it's status-linked, since they told me "don't unload, we'll drive you to the terminal once the car's been checked in, since you have an infant with you" before the car had been checked in.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:33 am

I had the same thing happen last year at LAX, the return agent arranged for someone to take us to the Terminal in the rental, so we didn't have to unload our luggage. It did make things so much easier, than catching the bus.

Unfortunately this year they were very busy, so we were left with catching the bus.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Happened to me the last 2x I was at ORD with my wife and child in her car seat. Both were Sunday afternoon/evening returns. Don't think it's status-linked, since they told me "don't unload, we'll drive you to the terminal once the car's been checked in, since you have an infant with you" before the car had been checked in.
it's not status related.
it was originally cooked up to scrounge more dollars, as they had originally been charging for it, but now they just do it to pimp up their mindshare survey scores -- that thing on your receipt.
people bonus based off those scores.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.