Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Valet lost Hertz rental in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:58 pm

I would say in this case it is on the valet company. While valets generally have signs that they are not responsible for things in the car (i.e. camera, phone, etc) or damage on the car, generally, they are liable to keep the car "safe" from when you drop it off to when you pick it up... Then again, I'm no lawyer and could be saying something completely wrong here
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Just because they have a sign that says they're not responsible for loss of valuables or whatever, doesn't mean you can't still press charges or file a civil suit.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by alphaod
Just because they have a sign that says they're not responsible for loss of valuables or whatever, doesn't mean you can't still press charges or file a civil suit.
Might be true, but isn't it something like they are legally not responsible with property in the car or something? If they have the proper things in place the release them of liability, they won't need to pay (while I don't know if a sign would legally release them of that responsibility.)
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Any reputable valet company, and certainly one contracted to a major hotel, will be insured against this sort of thing. The actual valet who gave out the wrong keys will certainly be disciplined and likely fired, even though it may have been an honest mistake.

The first rule you learn as a valet is to not hand over keys unless you are absolutely certain they belong to the person requesting them. Close second is to not drive the cars into things.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Fast and Furious: Elantras Gone Wild is going to be a huge, HUGE movie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.