Wiki Posts
Search

President's Circle

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG- Platinum, Marriott- Gold, United- Platinum, Hertz- 5 Star
President's Circle

How long does it take for Presidential Circle to post to your account?

If I read the website correctly it says April.....

"Qualification periods begin on January 1 and run through December 31, of every year. All qualified rentals within that time frame will be tallied and membership status will be updated the following April."

I like to think that the hertz website has become infinitely better at managing the posting of points this year, so maybe this improved too.

I know the YTD rental count has been messed up for a few weeks, but I think I will hit 40 today.

Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
It will post in April, or you can contact Hertz and try and get it done before then. If you don't like the answer, hang up and try again.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
Definately call!
I qualified for PC this year and my YTD counter wasnt working neither so I called in. The lady told me she would submit it to the right dept and I would get a response 48 hours later.
I didn't get a call back or anything but 48 hrs later my profile showed PC status and still only 2 YTD rentals
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Renew fee $299 for PC???

Is Hertz now charging to be PC? I am 1 rental away from 40 TYD rentals.

RENEW NOW. Your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle® status will expire soon. To continue receiving the exclusive offers, perks and privileges that come with this elite status level, you'll need to renew your membership. This will be the only e-mail notice you will receive. To securely renew your membership and maintain your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle® membership privileges:

- Simply log onto hertz.com using your member number and password.
- If this is your first visit to the website, you will be asked to register and select a password.
- You'll be prompted on the steps to take to renew your membership.
- Please check the information in your Profile for accuracy, including credit card expiration dates, as your Profile governs all of your Gold rentals.

Your current President?s Circle membership will expire about 45 days from your receipt of this notification for renewal. If a response is not received within that time-frame, we will retain your membership at the Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® service level with the same member number.

You may charge your US$299 renewal fee to a major credit card. Your next Gold Plus Rewards rental will indicate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.

We appreciate your business and look forward to having the opportunity to provide you with the service you expect from Hertz.

To review Hertz' Privacy Policy, click here https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/navig...olicyView.html

This e-mail was automatically generated from a non-response mailbox. To contact us regarding this message or regarding your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® membership, send an e-mail to [email protected].

We will respond to your e-mail promptly.

The Hertz Corporation
14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway
PO Box 269033
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-9033
U.S.A.

® Reg. U.S. Pat. Off. © 2008 The Hertz Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Starwood PLT, Hertz PC
I am truly mystified at how Presidential Circle works.

I've had it for three years now but I've never actually rented 40 separate rentals or 120 days worth. In fact for 2012 I rented from hertz 3 times and got it again for 2013. It's weird.

My YTD is also broken (which they are aware of), but regardless.. I think the entire status is a joke (at least outside the US). In both South Africa and Europe I got exactly the class of car I booked (sometimes even lower e.g. compact instead of intermediate). In the states, at airports Presidents Circle occasionally gets me a nice car but any HLE rental gets me just an intermediate.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
There's always been the option to pay for it. I suspect the fact you're 1 rental away isn't relevant - you'd probably get the same email at either 0 rentals or 39 rentals (or given Hertz IT, probably also at 99 rentals!)

Originally Posted by brokenpipe
I think the entire status is a joke (at least outside the US). In both South Africa and Europe I got exactly the class of car I booked (sometimes even lower e.g. compact instead of intermediate). In the states, at airports Presidents Circle occasionally gets me a nice car but any HLE rental gets me just an intermediate.
Benefits vary by the country. South African is a licencee, not a corporate Hertz location, and they do not (officially) offer any benefits to PC.

I had no problems getting at least my 1-class upgrade in the UK, but even then it's not guaranteed at all locations, and Europe is a big place...
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1

RENEW NOW. Your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle® status will expire soon. To continue receiving the exclusive offers, perks and privileges that come with this elite status level, you'll need to renew your membership. This will be the only e-mail notice you will receive. To securely renew your membership and maintain your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President's Circle® membership privileges:

- Simply log onto hertz.com using your member number and password.
- If this is your first visit to the website, you will be asked to register and select a password.
- You'll be prompted on the steps to take to renew your membership.
- Please check the information in your Profile for accuracy, including credit card expiration dates, as your Profile governs all of your Gold rentals.

Your current President?s Circle membership will expire about 45 days from your receipt of this notification for renewal. If a response is not received within that time-frame, we will retain your membership at the Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® service level with the same member number.

You may charge your US$299 renewal fee to a major credit card. Your next Gold Plus Rewards rental will indicate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.

We appreciate your business and look forward to having the opportunity to provide you with the service you expect from Hertz.

To review Hertz' Privacy Policy, click here https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/navig...olicyView.html

This e-mail was automatically generated from a non-response mailbox. To contact us regarding this message or regarding your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® membership, send an e-mail to [email protected].

We will respond to your e-mail promptly.

The Hertz Corporation
14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway
PO Box 269033
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-9033
U.S.A.

® Reg. U.S. Pat. Off. © 2008 The Hertz Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.
That is interesting. I have not gotten an email on this.

I think I may have re-qualified on spend, but I'm not sure and there is no option to check my YTD spend.

Perhaps I would give them a ring.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
I have been away on R&R so this week will make the call to Hertz cust service.

This morning, logged onto Herz.com, shows 40 rentals YTD, still asking me for $299 renew fee??

I'll let you know the results of my call this week.

WT
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:41 am

Update:
Called yesterday, spoke to cust service. They stated I hit the 40+ rentals to qualify & it must be an IT issue. The rep sent my info over to the IT dept & it should be fixed in a few days.

WT
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Presidential Circle

I rented 57 vehicles in 2013, I just checked my status and have been demoted to 5 star! ...???

Is their website really this bad?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I rented 57 vehicles in 2013, I just checked my status and have been demoted to 5 star! ...???

Is their website really this bad?
Yep. My rentals for 2013 never caught up with me.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Oh I gave up on the website accurately counting back in February, I think I was stuck at 17 for most of the year. Heck, Hertz's website difficulties make United's website troubles look like nothing!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Oh I gave up on the website accurately counting back in February, I think I was stuck at 17 for most of the year. Heck, Hertz's website difficulties make United's website troubles look like nothing!
I'm a President's Circle member and have found it to be of no benefit. I rarely see any aspect of better service. I rarely even see any acknowledgment of my status. Upgrades, what's that? A low mileage car is a car with 25k miles... sad to see what's happend to them.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Travel Pro
I'm a President's Circle member and have found it to be of no benefit. I rarely see any aspect of better service. I rarely even see any acknowledgment of my status. Upgrades, what's that? A low mileage car is a car with 25k miles... sad to see what's happend to them.
+1

Wait, actually they say "thanks for being a president's circle member" when I check out.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
I don't understand this either - i had 25 rentals in 2013 (90% were after 7/1/2013) - however logged into my Hertz account for the first time this year and noticed that I got upgraded from Five Start to President's Circle.

Based on the last time i got it - not really looking forward to seeing much of a difference....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.