Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Who rents the last Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis / Lincoln TownCar?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackal
I just tried to look on my Hertz.com receipt, but that only shows the Genesis I swapped to (5,000 miles on that one). I don't recall the Town Car being terribly beat up or anything, so it wasn't all that ancient.

I have a bin of all my papers from my two-month-long trip, and the original Hertz rental agreement from before I swapped cars is in that bin. I'll try to take a peek at it tomorrow (you've got me curious, now).
Found my rental agreement. 23,979 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

It had the new Neverlost, too.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:46 am

Found my rental agreement. 23,979 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

It had the new Neverlost, too.
Thanks for the update. 24k is about the limit I'm willing to accept for any rental car.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:26 pm

ive had a white crown vic for the last 2 weeks from hertz, was really suprised to get one even though i wanted one as a preference, was a white one waiting for me outside the rental office when i arrived
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat

I'm sure taxi fleets all over the country will be thrilled to get the retired Crown Vic's whenever Hertz sells them. I've ridden in several Crown Vic cabs with over 400,000 miles on the odometer. They last forever and are cheap to maintain.

I wouldn't want to rent one from Hertz with 400,000 miles, but with some of the mileages on Hertz cars I've rented, I wouldn't put it past them...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:03 am

I did ask for a TC at ATL on Saturday, they said they still do have them, but they couldnt find one for me.

Funny: the customer right in front of me in the line (no Gold service available, everyone had to wait) also had a LCAR reservation. He was asked what car he would like to have. At first he asked for a Cadillac DTS (no longer available), then for a Towncar. In the end he had to leave in a base trim level Genesis, just like me.

Looks like the DTS and TC are still very popular.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
We got back from a 4 day stay in Tucson this week. Using a Hertz award, we were given a Crown Victoria.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
If you take care of it, though, it could last forever. These things were built for the streets of New York so they were built to last.

-J.
I forgot who wrote it, but there was some automotive blog that recently wrote "10 cars that refuse to die". Crown Vic/TC were on it, along with the GM A-body front-wheel-drives, one of which I just bought over the weekend with 273,000 km on it and still running like a charm. Perfect student car!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Amex Centurion, Hertz Gold, F/club Silver
I had a town car back in late August. The tag said it was manufactured July 2011. Picked it up at SAN and dropped off at SNA. the worst thing is I wanted to hate it but I actually enjoyed driving it, just because it was different to the cars I am used to.

It was actually in very good shape. Black with black leather. 31k but looked like it had done 5k......I've had far worse!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:37 am

Because of my 'panther-phobia' I sent a mail to Hertz, and now more than one Month later I got a reply (I just hope they don't take that long when I have real problems ).

Basically they say, that there is a age and milage limit, but it varies by region so it is impossible to say.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond

For a pick-up on July 24, 2012, at LAX, I had annotated my PCAR reservation with "Prefers other than land yacht CrownVic or Grand Marquis," and when I arrived at the airport, the agent told me, "They saw your note, so they're looking for something else." A few minutes later, she proudly says "It's tight today, but they found something!" and hands me the keys to--you got it--a Town Car.

I drove around Studio City pretending to be a chauffeur for a movie star or studio exec for a day before finally heading over to BUR, where I exchanged for a Hyundai Genesis (was given the choice between that or a Maxima, both of which I like).
Where can you leave requests on the reservation?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by am1108
Where can you leave requests on the reservation?
You were able to do so on the final page (the same page you'd enter your flight information and choose your credit card details) before they redesigned the website. It's no longer possible to do so, although I would assume they can still leave notes in the reservation if you call, since I doubt the actual reservation system itself was changed to remove this feature (just the front-end to the website).

Even without leaving notes, I've received Maximas and Lacrosses on all of my several PCAR reservations in the last few months.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: Hertz Gold
I have family in law enforcement and one of my relatives came by in his patrol car - a 2010 Crown Vic. I leaned in and it actually still smelled new! It's really just not something I'd want to drive. I have a PCAR res for today out of my local HLE and I better not get a Grand Marquis or Crown Vic!! I haven't been to this HLE so I don't know how large their selection is, but I figure I can always stop off at the airport to swap if need be.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, National Exec
I was preassigned a Crown Vic upon my arrival into MCI this past Sunday. I kindly asked the manager if they had anything other than the land yacht and she pulled around a new Genesis for me .
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Was at TUL and they had a Crown Vic sitting right next to a Town Car. On the way in the terminal glanced over at Avis and they had a TC siiting right next to a Mustang.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold

The mighty warship lives! At least in South Florida. Honestly, this Town Car I got this weekend is the first one I've seen all year.

Started with about 31k miles on the clock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.