Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blocked XM channels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Blocked XM channels

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see anything related during a search. Has anyone else noticed that cars with XM radio, the channels from 99-114 are blocked. I try to tune to them and it goes straight from 98 to 115. This is kind of an annoyance since I like to listen to Howard Stern and I'm generally in the car about 6 hours a day. Has anyone else had this problem or know the reason for it?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: UA
Probably is blocked because they are XM radios and with XM you have to pay extra for the Sirius Howard Stern channel.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
Those channels are part of the best of Sirius package on XM. My guess is Hertz doesn't have that as part of the subscription, though I have a gotten one GM car that had all the channels. The car was pretty new if remember correctly so it might have been part of the free limited time subscription that came with the car. Ford uses Sirius receivers so you could try asking for a Ford instead.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Which manufacturers install the XM radios? I know from renting a bunch of Chryslers recently at National that they have no trouble with those channels. Presumably those are Sirius units...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
Originally Posted by pinniped
Which manufacturers install the XM radios? I know from renting a bunch of Chryslers recently at National that they have no trouble with those channels. Presumably those are Sirius units...
GM and Nissan use XM. Ford and Chrysler use Sirius along with most other foreign manufacturers. As for Hertz I have only gotten SAT radio in domestic cars, but I don't know for sure if that is fleet wide or just bad luck.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
The Fords I've rented with Sirius seem to have to full channel line-up active, however Subarus seem to only have a handful of channels available, so it may differ by manufacturer. Also the 2011 Sonatas with XM seem to have a full line-up too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.