Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
  • Expiration Date - PC# - What coupon does. Rate type. (weekly/weekend/monthly/daily) Vehicle type. Other details. (Type of Coupon Code, like AAA or Happy Birthday)

Daily rate PC codes are exceptionally rare. Daily rates typically consist of midweek rentals less than 5 days that don't include weekend days. 5 days = weekly, and overlaps to weekends unless Monday morning to Friday afternoon/evening.

Weekend/Weekly Flex
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180832 - Save $5 per day, up to $20. Weekend rental at airport. (AAA)
  • Unknown exp - PC #193104 - Save $5 per day, up to $25. More details required - please edit.
  • Unknown exp - PC #104591 - Save $15 off a weekend rental (for members of ABNsave.com - free membership)

Weekend Only
  • 6/30/2016 - PC#198203. CDP#205521 - 2014 Entertainment code for a Buy one, Get one free weekend day rental (minimum 3 day rental). Any size except Porsche, Mercedes-AMG or Dream Cars.

Weekly Only

•Still working through April 2017 (originally set to expire 1/31/14) - PC 192021 - Free Day For Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, enjoy your First Day Free of 5 or more days at participating airport or off airport locations in the U.S., Canada. Full size and larger Corporate locations in USA and Canada - sourced Hertz Japan PLEASE DON'T DELETE WITHOUT CHECKING

Monthly and 10 Day
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180611 - $45 off min. 10 day rental. Intermediate & larger. (AAA)
  • Unknown Exp - 185415 - $50 off from a monthly booking.
  • USE RQ: MNTHLY - This will give a discounted rate, but it will be prepay, no refund no early return.

Upgrade
  • Unknown exp - PC# 180600 - Upgrade. Weekend or weekly. (AAA)

Other AAA Coupons
    http://www.aaa.com/AAA/common/travel...AAACoupon.html

Some wiki tips and pointers.
1) You can edit it. Anyone can, as long you have 90 posts in 90 days.

2) You can see the edit history by clicking Edit then View History. (I think you can -- if this is a moderator only option, please let me know.)
3) You can hide it, by clicking this +/- box on the upper right hand corner of the Wikipost.
Print Wikipost

PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 12:33 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by sincera4565
Hi, have been around flyertalk for a while but this is my first time posting on the hertz forum. Mod, if the question should be located somewhere else, feel free to move it.

I am going to travel with my girlfriend's family in West Coast US this July. We are planning for a week-long visit and are looking for one-way booking (SFO - LAX). the best deal that I can found is nearly 1000USD using my AAA member code, which is still a lot... Does anything has any recommendation on getting a better deal?

Feel free to PM me if that is preferred.

Thanks!
-Pete
A few suggestions:

- One-way rentals are often priced much higher than roundtrip rentals, but rates can and do change over time, so it's best to check early and often.

- While the AAA CDP often provides excellent rates, it's certainly not the only one to check. The various frequent flyer programs have CDP's as well and any other organizations you are a member of are worth checking as well. USAA can be excellent as well if you happen to be a member there.

- You can add coupons along with the AAA CDP. You can find them on Hertz's website as well as here on the AAA site.

- Also, don't restrict yourself to just Hertz as you may be able to get a much better deal from a different company.

- Lastly, see the links below to see if AutoSlash can help save you some $.

Good luck in your search for lower rates. Hope it's a great trip!

Last edited by AutoSlash; May 27, 2016 at 7:34 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 5:57 pm

Especially for US one-way rentals, likely with a second driver, I've found third party offers attractive. But there, your credit card's CDW probably won't kick in. So i would get full protection through the third party.

Last edited by sokolov; May 28, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Old May 28, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
This is the IBM employee rate and it gives a fixed rate discount in many cases. It is only "OK" if you are an employee of IBM. If you are not there is a good chance you will be challenged at the rental counter. Will it happen every time? No. But you should expect to get challenged often, especially since this discount code includes CDW.

The other issue is that if you get into an accident in the car, it's going to get reported to IBM and then an investigation is going to ensue and it's probably not going to turn out well for you. Even if you don't want/need the CDW and are going to rely on your credit card and/or personal insurance, you could end up in a bad spot because the contract includes the insurance and you normally need to decline it in order to be covered by your credit card, which puts you in a no-man's land where you can't get coverage from either side.

In short, it's a great rate in many cases, and you may get away with it, but you need to understand the risks by using it if you are not an IBM employee.
Hi Slash;

Thanks for your answer. I didn't know how hard it may be to use such a code, it's been a long time since I rented a car in North America.

I was wondering though... if a person is a member of a loyalty programme such as Hertz Gold Choice which allows them to bypass the standard check-in counter, could this be a way to more easily use a CDP? From what I have read about those programmes, you just go straight to the parking lot, show your driver's licence, and pick a car. Not much chance to be questioned by the staff or asked to prove you are entitled to the discount.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:39 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Just used this code on a weekly rental:

Weekly Only

•Appears to be still working through mid of May - originally set to expire 2014 January 31 - PC 192021 - Free Day For Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, enjoy your First Day Free of 5 or more days at participating airport or off airport locations in the U.S., Canada. Full size and larger Corporate locations in USA and Canada - sourced Hertz Japan PLEASE DON'T DELETE WITHOUT CHECKING

Still working..
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash

- One-way rentals are often priced much higher than roundtrip rentals, but rates can and do change over time, so it's best to check early and often.
I was looking for a good discount code for Hertz and saw this thread / this line specifically about 1 way rentals.

I love telling this story:

Daughter totalled her car in Atlanta while at college April 2015 (she's fine and most of car was OK - car repairs are sooo expensive these days!).

We are here in NJ. Bought a new car here, drove it down to her. Need to get back home....

Through the costco website, we booked a 1 day rental with Avis. Pick up in Atlanta downtown office 8AM, return at newark airport at 11PM. Unlimited miles. Cost..... $12 after taxes / fees, etc.

The opposite trip would have been a couple hundred dollars. I had heard years ago how rental companies will give people cars / pay them a little to reposition them. Fly down to FL, hang on the beach a couple days and drive home for free (for those, the company might even pay for gas).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by not007
I was looking for a good discount code for Hertz and saw this thread / this line specifically about 1 way rentals.

I love telling this story:

Daughter totalled her car in Atlanta while at college April 2015 (she's fine and most of car was OK - car repairs are sooo expensive these days!).

We are here in NJ. Bought a new car here, drove it down to her. Need to get back home....

Through the costco website, we booked a 1 day rental with Avis. Pick up in Atlanta downtown office 8AM, return at newark airport at 11PM. Unlimited miles. Cost..... $12 after taxes / fees, etc.

The opposite trip would have been a couple hundred dollars. I had heard years ago how rental companies will give people cars / pay them a little to reposition them. Fly down to FL, hang on the beach a couple days and drive home for free (for those, the company might even pay for gas).
Glad your daughter is OK!

Yes, if you want to see why this is the case, just price out a rental anywhere in the NYC metro area in June or July and you'll see why. Rates for summer (and weekends doubly so) are sky high. The rental companies are more than happy to have their customers do their work by bringing more vehicles to the area. You may have gotten an almost free rental, but they are going to generate thousands of dollars in revenue in the next two months alone from that car.

In October the process starts anew in reverse. Some lucky souls will get a $12 one-way rental from NYC to somewhere in Florida where the rental companies want to move cars for the winter rush. Rental cars are like birds. They like to fly south in the winter and then back north again when the weather turns warm.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by vleex5
It's from singapore travel expo
I tried this one, it's very good, but, do they ask for any ID?, is for travel agents or something like that? Can anyone use it?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just made first time a reservation with AutoSlash. Was able to get a regular (free cancellation) Hertz reservation close to the prepaid rate!
Process was fast (rate quote within 5 minutes) and painless.
Thanks AutoSlash!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Just made first time a reservation with AutoSlash. Was able to get a regular (free cancellation) Hertz reservation close to the prepaid rate!
Process was fast (rate quote within 5 minutes) and painless.
Thanks AutoSlash!
I was trying all sorts of things for Denver and just did autoslash and it cut the rate another $30-$50 based on other options.

By the way, Denver airport rates are TERRIBLE. We rented from downtown - taking train into city.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:42 am

307204 PC

is the best monthly when combined with your AAA membership i got it at $540 total for a month renting in San JosE
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
By the way, Denver airport rates are TERRIBLE. We rented from downtown - taking train into city.
Way to go: I have done that also in EU stations, where the airport tax can add
20%+ to the cost!

BTW, I also noticed in U.S./CA cities, that Hertz hotel desks add a tourism fee. But the HLE locations don't (have to) do it!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Just used this code on a weekly rental:

Weekly Only

•Appears to be still working through mid of May - originally set to expire 2014 January 31 - PC 192021 - Free Day For Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, enjoy your First Day Free of 5 or more days at participating airport or off airport locations in the U.S., Canada. Full size and larger Corporate locations in USA and Canada - sourced Hertz Japan PLEASE DON'T DELETE WITHOUT CHECKING

Still working..
Just used this one on a weekly rental...still working as of 8/20/16
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:06 pm

I am trying to book a car in Somerville, MA Oct 15-17 9am-9am but i am getting ridiculous prices with USAA & a few other airline CDP's ($100+). What's up with these prices. I booked a car for thanksgiving WEEK for 103...
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:37 pm

Wiki editing requirements prevent me from adding this to the top. Anyone else, feel free to edit Wiki accordingly & share with others that way. Many thanks to all others adding to this thread throughout the years, it's saved me a lot of $$$!

----
Get $5/day, up to $20 max on your weekend rental!

Book a weekend car rental using PC# 111506 to enjoy your up to $20 off fall savings! Offer valid for rentals from September 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017. Book now through October 31, 2016.

---
Get $5/day, up to $30 max on your weekly rental!

Book a weekly car rental using PC# 111473 to enjoy your up to $30 off fall savings! Offer valid for rentals from September 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017. Book now through October 31, 2016.

---

Get 1 Free Day when you rent a weekend car rental! (Note: excludes Group G, Q4, L, R, D, and F options)

Book a weekend car rental using PC# 111495 to enjoy your fall savings! Offer valid for rentals from September 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017. Book now through October 31, 2016.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:34 am

Hi guys,

Planning a trip to SNA (John Wayne Airport) for a 8 day rental in late February. Problem is I will be 20 years old, and Hertz charges an astonishing $25 per day to rent a car from them. This adds $216 to the price of my rental car and essentially doubles the base rate. I called Hertz and they said that AAA members get the age differential waved, however I am Canadian and CAA does not waive the age differential.

Any ideas? Will Hertz actually check for my AAA card if I use an AAA CDP? I don't want to get there and be stuck without a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.